Fins add another 'felon

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2440198

Looks like miami needed some more criminals. I'm surprised saban actually traded AWAY someone from the SEC tho. Shocking.

New Orleans and Miami swapped young linebackers Wednesday in a trade that sent Courtney Watson to the Dolphins and Eddie Moore to the Saints.

Watson was drafted in the second round of the 2004 draft and has far more experience as a starter. He started eight of 12 games in which he appeared his rookie season. Last season, however, he played in only nine games, finishing with 37 tackles, including one sack.

He was arrested in late October on a drunken driving charge in San Antonio and a knee sprain kept him out for the last seven games of the season.

Hey, I wonder if Cecil Collins is available....maybe Saban can bring him in to hit their felon quota. Thank God Marv and Co. focus on character.....I'm so glad that we don't have to resort to bringing in jagoffs and ex-cons in order to win a championship.

Hey, I wonder if Cecil Collins is available....maybe Saban can bring him in to hit their felon quota. Thank God Marv and Co. focus on character.....I'm so glad that we don't have to resort to bringing in jagoffs and ex-cons in order to win a championship.

688315[/snapback]

I'm all for focusing on character, but would you play someone with an iffy off field record if it added 3 or 4 wins a year?

And I actaully hate to see Moore go, I liked him. Hmm, I guess Crowder is getting more playing time now.

I'm all for focusing on character, but would you play someone with an iffy off field record if it added 3 or 4 wins a year?

And I actaully hate to see Moore go, I liked him. Hmm, I guess Crowder is getting more playing time now.

688379[/snapback]

What happened with Marcus Vick's try out?

What happened with Marcus Vick's try out?

688381[/snapback]

They couldn't decide who would be the best svengali for the young Vick (Cecill Collins, Ricky Williams, Daunte Culpepper or Chris Chambers) so they didn't offer him a deal! :)

Welcome to Raiders South!

688379[/snapback]

I really don't think I would....not someone who has the kind of past that Collins has. I hate to say it, but it just depends. Typically someone getting busted cause they had a little fun with some weed isn't a big deal to me, cause for the most part it's a victimless "crime". But then you have some jerkoff like Ricky Williams who takes it to a whole new level - abandoning his team, his children, etc. What bothers me most are players with a history of spousal abuse or some other offense against women. Take a guy like Warren Sapp. Would I have drafted him even though he was busted for marijuana? Hell yes! In a case like that I'd definitely take a chance on the player in hopes that we'd add a few wins. But Collins, L.Phillips, R. Williams.....nah.....you guys can have 'em :)

I'd take a whole team of Frank Reichs any day of the week and twice on Sunday :doh:

Isn't Cecil the Diesel still in jail?

3/27/2001 - Judge sentences Collins to 15 years for felony burglary

MIAMI _ Jurors took less than two hours Tuesday to convict former Miami Dolphins running back Cecil Collins of burglary charges, rejecting his attorneys' contention that he was the real victim in the case.

Broward Circuit Judge Joyce Julian sentenced Collins to 15 years in a Florida prison. He still faces four to five years in a Louisiana prison for violating his probation for similar crimes there.

``I think he's earned it,'' said Assistant State Attorney Gregg Rossman. ``He's a predator who victimizes women.''

This is Collins' third felony conviction for breaking ...

Isn't Cecil the Diesel still in jail?

688433[/snapback]

wow, what a FRICKIN loser.....unreal.

Was he charged with a felony? :)

688451[/snapback]

Doubtful. Pulled over for erratic driving, failed field sobriety test, open container in the car. It happened in Texas, and it looks like you need to rack up three DWIs to upgrade to a felony there. (Haven't read anything about any prior record for Watson.)

But DolFelons jst seems to fit so well...

I really don't think I would....not someone who has the kind of past that Collins has. I hate to say it, but it just depends. Typically someone getting busted cause they had a little fun with some weed isn't a big deal to me, cause for the most part it's a victimless "crime". But then you have some jerkoff like Ricky Williams who takes it to a whole new level - abandoning his team, his children, etc. What bothers me most are players with a history of spousal abuse or some other offense against women. Take a guy like Warren Sapp. Would I have drafted him even though he was busted for marijuana? Hell yes! In a case like that I'd definitely take a chance on the player in hopes that we'd add a few wins. But Collins, L.Phillips, R. Williams.....nah.....you guys can have 'em  :devil:

I'd take a whole team of Frank Reichs any day of the week and twice on Sunday :angry:

688426[/snapback]

I'll give that point to you. There is a difference in crimes. Someone that has a parking ticket problem, or a weed addiction, is different that a spouse abuser or a notorious DUI offender. Cecil and Phillips don't belong in the NFL, but if they can carry the rock, you bet some team will give them a chance.

I'll give that point to you. There is a difference in crimes. Someone that has a parking ticket problem, or a weed addiction, is different that a spouse abuser or a notorious DUI offender. Cecil and Phillips don't belong in the NFL, but if they can carry the rock, you bet some team will give them a chance.

689353[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree....probably MOST of the NFL teams take a Machiavellian approach to winning, at least with regard to troubled players. Hell, there are probably some teams (one team in particular lol) that actually LOVE it when someone gets nailed for drugs or some other crime that knocks them out of the league. They can bring them in for peanuts, try and keep them on the straight and narrow, and win some games. I'm just glad the Bills aren't like that :w00t:

I live about 5 minutes from their training camp.

Looks like I'll have to add a few more dead-bolts.

689380[/snapback]

LOL! :w00t: