Trailer for M.Night Shyamalan's new flick

I've enjoyed everything this guy's done so far, so thought I'd post the link to the trailer in case anyone else likes his stuff. His last effort, "The Village", was probably my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it. "Unbreakable" I hated when I first saw it, but for whatever reason I loved it after the second viewing. I loved "Signs", and "The Sixth Sense" was amazing.

Enjoy!

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll...qtw=640&qth=400

I liked The Sixth Sense, but the rest of his stuff was lacking in something.  Unbreakable had promise, but didn't fulfill it.  And Signs had an interesting concept, but was poorly executed.  Same with The Village.  Hopefully this one is better.

687738[/snapback]

That's interesting you feel that way. Even though you found some of them lacking, were you at least entertained by them?

I was by Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, but I can't rewatch the rest of them.  And I like MNS.

687748[/snapback]

Yeah, if I'm going to rewatch any of them, it woudl be the ones you mentioned, too. I really liked Unbreakable once I saw it again and really thought about it.....I own Signs, but haven't watched it a second time yet. But yeah, hopefully this new flick is good.....I don't have audio on my computer, so I can't gather much from the trailer ;)

I've enjoyed everything this guy's done so far, so thought I'd post the link to the trailer in case anyone else likes his stuff. His last effort, "The Village", was probably my least favorite, but I still enjoyed it. "Unbreakable" I hated when I first saw it, but for whatever reason I loved it after the second viewing. I loved "Signs", and "The Sixth Sense" was amazing.

Enjoy!

687714[/snapback]

Really liked Sixth Sense.

LOVED Unbreakable.

Really liked Signs.

Loved the first half of Village and hated the rest.

LOVED Unbreakable.

Really liked Signs.

687756[/snapback]

Yep, that's pretty much in-line with my feelings, too. Glad to hear you liked Unbreakable that much. I think the fact that it was his first film after Sixth Sense, a lot of people expected more out of it. But when given a fair shake and not compared to 'Sixth', it's a pretty damn good film. I loved the dynamic between Bruce Willis' character and his kid. Good stuff.

I don't know if you guys have home audio systems, but one of the reasons I like his films so much is his emphasis on audio quality. Unbreakable is reference quality audio, and his others are pretty damn close. Makes a huge difference when they focus on providing good audio to complement the scenes.

"...another twist"

(you'd have to watch Robot Chicken to understand)

687759[/snapback]

?? wtf? lol

Enjoy!

687714[/snapback]

Hmmm...couldn't view it. Firefox says "no sutable plugins found." ;) Whatever that means...

I have liked all of his movies so far so this one should be good! My favorite ones were Sixth sense, signs and unbreakable. :)

Whoaaa...thanks for posting that ajzepp, that movie looks good!

I hope it's rated "R" though all his others were pg-13 if my memory is right...there's just so much better content. I'll definatly see this one though...looks crazy!

LOVED Unbreakable.

Really liked Signs.

687756[/snapback]

Ditto here.

The problem is that now, instead of just enjoying his movies, people are looking for the hook. Remember when you first saw 6th Sense? The ending blew people away.

Although I feel it was a better movie in total, Unbreakable disappointed most people, because they expected once again to be shocked at the end of the movie.

I liked Signs, but it got hokie towards the end.

Same with the Village. Great potential at the beginning, but trailed of towards the end.

That was a very different trailer from the earlier teaser we saw of this film awhile ago. This movie looks more like a thriller, which is what I was not expecting.

I'll definitely see this one.

I have enjoyed all of Shyamalan's previous films.

What I really like about MNS is that he is a good storyteller. Each of his movies have been very interesting and entertaining to me. I also think that he does a great job in getting good solid performances from his actors.

Ever since The Sixth Sense a lot of people have said that his other films have been garbage, but I think they are trying to compare all of his movies to The Sixth Sense, which is unfair.

A lot of people say that Unbreakable is ridiculous because of the comic book formula. My response to that argument is that it is no more ridiculous than the supernatural themes in The Sixth Sense.

Most people have to remember that MNS's movies all have a fantasy/fiction theme in them.

Many people bad mouthed The Village. Which I can kind of understand, because people were expecting a horror movie, which The Village was promoted as, and it turned out to be a drama. Still, I thought The Village was very good.

So I think it is safe to say that The Lady in the Water will make a good gross at the box office, and there will be people who will leave saying how much they love it, and there will be people leaving saying how much they hate it.

That has been the par on MNS's films after The Sixth Sense.

I hope it's rated "R" though all his others were pg-13 if my memory is right...there's just so much better content. I'll definatly see this one though...looks crazy!

687843[/snapback]

Sorry, the trailer said it is PG-13.

687843[/snapback]

Yep, he's one of the few directors or actors on my "I'll see anything they make" list, lol. Other notables on the list are Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Bruce Campbell, and Spielberg.

What I really like about MNS is that he is a good storyteller.

688116[/snapback]

Agreed. And I love the fact that he writes his own stuff. That's a point I've made about musicians, too. It's not that I DON'T respect people who don't write their lyrics or their screenplays, but I have greater respect for those who can. Besides, the advantage is that this guy already knows exactly what he sees in his head, which has got to make the transition easier from paper to film. The guy is talented as hell.

Although I feel it was a better movie in total, Unbreakable disappointed most people, because they expected once again to be shocked at the end of the movie.

688081[/snapback]

Yep, each of his films deserves to be seen independently from the others. The Sixth Sense was a masterpiece of filmmaking. Films like that don't come along year after year, so it's definitely unfair to hold Shymalan to that standard with each film he puts out.

Yep, he's one of the few directors or actors on my "I'll see anything they make" list, lol. Other notables on the list are Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Bruce Campbell, and Spielberg.

688219[/snapback]

You missed one :

UWE BOLL !!

AWESOME!

You missed one :

UWE BOLL !!

AWESOME!

688229[/snapback]

lol, I had to look that one up.....turns out he's the modern version of Ed Wood, eh?? Not sure what to think of that :)