"24" Season 1 vs "Lost" Season 1

Which should I start watching thru Netflix?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I start watching thru Netflix?

• "24"
    • "Lost"

These are two series' that I've never seen - not a single episode. Both are apparently very good, and Netflix has both available. I don't really want to start two at the same time, so I thought you guys could help me pick one over the other. I'm most interested in those who have seen both and have a preference, no matter how slight. But all opinions welcome.

These are two series' that I've never seen - not a single episode. Both are apparently very good, and Netflix has both available. I don't really want to start two at the same time, so I thought you guys could help me pick one over the other. I'm most interested in those who have seen both and have a preference, no matter how slight. But all opinions welcome.

687417[/snapback]

I suggest you have all the discs for 24 Season 1 at home before starting the 1st one, you may end up wanting to finish it all in 1-2 days. I know I would not want to be waiting on the next disc to arrive. Lost is great but more cerebral, 24 is just flat out more entertaining IMO.

687417[/snapback]

I didn't care for the first few episodes of Lost. The show is an acquired taste that sucks you in with character development.

24 got me hooked from the very first show. As soon as you finished 1 hour, you want to see the next. That said, the show has gone down hill is successive seasons and has pretty well jumped the shark.

Neither show is remotely plausible and require you to suspend disbelief.

Wow, pretty strong endorsements for "24".....I'm leaning in that direction anyway, mainly because that's a genre I enjoy more than what Lost represents, but I wanted to get some feedback since both are supposed to be very good.

24 is also pretty much contained within each season... each storyline plays out from the 1st show, 1st disc to the last show, last disc. Lost just goes on and on and on, it may never end. ;) Also, 24 has Elisha Cuthbert... 10x hotter than all the women on Lost combined.

24 is also pretty much contained within each season... each storyline plays out from the 1st show, 1st disc to the last show, last disc. Lost just goes on and on and on, it may never end. ;) Also, 24 has Elisha Cuthbert... 10x hotter than all the women on Lost combined.

687491[/snapback]

The girl from "The Girl Next Door"??? Okay, that pretty much seals it then :)

Also, 24 has Elisha Cuthbert... 10x hotter than all the women on Lost combined.

687491[/snapback]

I've never seen "Lost," but I used to watch "24" when she was on it, so I have to ask: is she also 10X more annoying than the chicks on "Lost," because she was one helpless, defenseless, time-consuming pain in the ass who got served the most ridiculous story lines known to mankind. I freakin' HATED her character.

I've never seen "Lost," but I used to watch "24" when she was on it, so I have to ask: is she also 10X more annoying than the chicks on "Lost," because she was one helpless, defenseless, time-consuming pain in the ass who got served the most ridiculous story lines known to mankind. I freakin' HATED her character.

687502[/snapback]

It did not matter, for she is Elisha Cuthbert...

24 Season 1 Elisha Cuthbert, in her prime even.

It did not matter, for she is Elisha Cuthbert...

24 Season 1 Elisha Cuthbert, in her prime even.

687506[/snapback]

I think the second season was when they gave her the Deliverance plot.

Good thing about 24, though, is it helps you get better at yelling "TELL ME WHERE THE (fill in the blank) IS!!" because Jack yells it about eight times each episode.

687502[/snapback]

Maybe, but I didn't care as much how ridiculous her character was, or the rest of the show for that matter, since she is so hot. That's one of the reasons why this season is so bad. The storyline is absurd and there hasn't been enough Elisha bouncing around on the screen to take my mind off the storyline.

24 is also pretty much contained within each season... each storyline plays out from the 1st show, 1st disc to the last show, last disc. Lost just goes on and on and on, it may never end. :) Also, 24 has Elisha Cuthbert... 10x hotter than all the women on Lost combined.

687491[/snapback]

Except the climactic point of every hour comes on the :56 or :57! ;)

No contest. It's 24. My wife and I wanted to see what the big deal was with 24, and bought the Season One set right before Season two started. We burned through it in two days. I can't see myself doing that with Lost, especially having watched Lost. (No offense to the Lost people, but to tell you the truth, we only watch Lost now because we wasted all this time on it already, and need to see how it turns out...but that show is on pretty freaking thin ice at the Taj Ma-Coli .)

I think the second season was when they gave her the Deliverance plot.

Good thing about 24, though, is it helps you get better at yelling "TELL ME WHERE THE (fill in the blank) IS!!" because Jack yells it about eight times each episode.

687510[/snapback]

i think the second season is also the one you get a brief glimpse of Elisha in panties ;)

No contest.  It's 24.  My wife and I wanted to see what the big deal was with 24, and bought the Season One set right before Season two started.  We burned through it in two days.  I can't see myself doing that with Lost, especially having watched Lost.  (No offense to the Lost people, but to tell you the truth, we only watch Lost now because we wasted all this time on it already, and need to see how it turns out...but that show is on pretty freaking thin ice at the Taj Ma-Coli .)

687580[/snapback]

Wow...I guess I better take Rico's advice and order a few discs at once then, lol

The peak 24 season was last season. This season has been stretching believability more than normal. I can suspend disbelief normally, but the writing has been sloppy this year.

687862[/snapback]

So you mean a guy from CTU murdering and cutting off the head of a lead witness in a terrorist trial that was in holding with the FBI and not getting tried for it isn't stretching believability. :lol:

If you don't remember what i'm talking about, the first episode of season 2.

The peak 24 season was last season. This season has been stretching believability more than normal. I can suspend disbelief normally, but the writing has been sloppy this year.

687862[/snapback]

You think maybe it's because they are focusing on the movie?

So you mean a guy from CTU murdering and cutting off the head of a lead witness in a terrorist trial that was in holding with the FBI and not  getting tried for it isn't stretching believability.  :lol:

If you don't remember what i'm talking about, the first episode of season 2.

687865[/snapback]

Perhaps I shouldn't be judging the quality of 24 seasons. I have seen three of them: the first one, the fourth one and this one. But out of the three, I think the fourth one was the best and was the one that brought me back to the show.