NASCAR Board?

I would agree that NASCAR is not everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoy it. I don't care for Hockey and I don't slam anyone who does. I'm just not interested in it. If some one wants to post about racing I'm for it.

687727[/snapback]

Exactly. There are other boards who have all sorts of forums and one of them is Lacrosse for the Bandits. Since I have zero interest in it,I just ignore it and dont bother even stepping in there. The same can happen here if you dont like.

No, but a hockey board is way overdue.

687408[/snapback]

I think there used to be one, but because the Sabres stunk for so long, it got axed.

687425[/snapback]

This is SDS's Sabres' board:

</a>

687476[/snapback]

http://www.sabresreport.com

I have. I went to the canadian grand prix in 2002... I've been to a lot of sporting events, but that has to take the cake... It was an "event". However, i haven't seen a race this year.

http://www.sabresreport.com

I have.  I went to the canadian grand prix in 2002...  I've been to a lot of sporting events, but that has to take the cake...  It was an "event".  However, i haven't seen a race this year.

687872[/snapback]

Ya the Canadian GP is fun. Although unless you have great tickets, it's hard to enjoy a "car" fly by you at 325 km per hour

As a transplanted Buffalonian in NC, I get plenty of NASCAR crap from the local media down here. I come to TSW to get real sport news, please don't taint it....

687503[/snapback]

huh huh.....you said taint

for one here on TSW?

Since a lot of people here are transplanted Buffalonians living in 1) North Carolina or 2) Florida, how many would be interested?

And would I get to moderate a NASCAR board?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Mike

687392[/snapback]

So who does everyone like at Darlington Saturday night? Are any of you North Carolina folks going to be there?

I'm going out on a limb and picking Jeff Burton. RCR is for real this year, and Burton is one of those guys who knows how to get around Darlington. It's been fun watching him run up front again.

Are you a Jr. fan?

I think it's a ballsy pick, but he is heading into Darlington with a ton of momentum.  I can see him easily finishing in the top-10.  Here's a pretty cool article about Darlington on cnn.com:

Lady in Black.

689495[/snapback]

Yes...I'm a big Junior fan. I root for the Ford teams and DEI.

Mike

Are you a Jr. fan?

I think it's a ballsy pick, but he is heading into Darlington with a ton of momentum.  I can see him easily finishing in the top-10.  Here's a pretty cool article about Darlington on cnn.com:

Lady in Black.

689495[/snapback]

I'm a JR fan and while I don't think he can win this weekend he's got a good shot at a top ten finish.

I've been to the track at Darlington and you wouldn't believe the banking in the corners. Its like walking straight up hill.

I'm a JR fan and while I don't think he can win this weekend he's got a good shot at a top ten finish.

I've been to the track at Darlington and you wouldn't believe the banking in the corners. Its like walking straight up hill.

689582[/snapback]

I would love to catch a race there just to say that I did it. I'd also want seats on the backstretch so I could watch those guys come out of 2. In my mind, that particular section of the track is the most dangerous. I wish they would level the place all together and start over. They could keep the same goofy configuration if they wanted, but I would hope they would make the track wider so that the drivers have somewhere to go when something happens in front of them. To hell with the tradition, the place just isn't as safe as the other tracks.