First rock band to have a #1 on the

Yes it's true...and the girl from Sugarland is pretty cute.

Bon Jovi, who I didn't like back in the '80s, actually seems to be getting better as they get older. 

And many thanks to Richie Sambora, who put Heather Locklear back on the market.  0:)

Mike

686438[/snapback]

That "gilr from Sugarland" is Jennifer Nettles. And shes definitely a hottie.

Yes it's true...and the girl from Sugarland is pretty cute.

Bon Jovi, who I didn't like back in the '80s, actually seems to be getting better as they get older. 

And many thanks to Richie Sambora, who put Heather Locklear back on the market.  0:)

Mike

686438[/snapback]

Didn't Kid Rock and Cheryl Crow have a #1 in country a few years back?

Country music < Ryan Leaf

686551[/snapback]

Van Morrison's latest, Pay the Devil, is country and it's fantastic. ALL country ain't bad.

Van Morrison's latest, Pay the Devil, is country and it's fantastic.  ALL country ain't bad.

686590[/snapback]

I read some good reviews and thought I would give it a listen. I thought it sucked. To me, it doesn't matter who's singing it, if it's country music, it sucks.

And Bon Jovi sucks, no matter what they are playing.

I don't get it, what's the big deal.  A group that can actually play different types of music.  Holy chit, stop the presses this has GOT to be news.  I think we've officially reached the end of the internet.  0:)

686549[/snapback]

You're a bit of a pisser today, man! You seem to be thread crapping more than usual, lol

I read some good reviews and thought I would give it a listen.  I thought it sucked.  To me, it doesn't matter who's singing it, if it's country music, it sucks.

And Bon Jovi sucks, no matter what they are playing.

686607[/snapback]

I don't like that particular Bon Jovi song, but there is a fair bit of country music that I like.....contemporary country, though....not the older crap that REALLY sounds country. The only performer I really like that still sounds really country is Kenny Chesney. That may be a little gay, but I like the guy's music. There is a song called "The Good Stuff" that is just awesome if you pay attention to the lyrics. Most of the Country that I like is sung by women, though....Martina...Shania...Grechen Wilson is sort of a hottie....few others.

Most of the Country that I like is sung by women, though....Martina...Shania...Grechen Wilson is sort of a hottie....few others.

686616[/snapback]

If you saw the video for "Redneck Woman", you know Gretchen Wilson is definitely a hottie. Maybe she's supposed to be a trailer hottie, but she is one nonetheless.

Mike

If you saw the video for "Redneck Woman", you know Gretchen Wilson is definitely a hottie.  Maybe she's supposed to be a trailer hottie, but she is one nonetheless.

Mike

686623[/snapback]

No she isnt. I love country music. Gretchen Wilson looks attractive in THAT video, but if you have seen her anywhere else, you'll change her tune. Shes typical trailer trash, and every other time you see her, it looks like she was ridden hard and put away wet.

You want country music hotties? Jennifer Nettles. Carrie Underwood. LeAnn Rimes. Sara Evans. Juile Roberts.

No she isnt. I love country music. Gretchen Wilson looks attractive in THAT video, but if you have seen her anywhere else, you'll change her tune. Shes typical trailer trash, and every other time you see her, it looks like she was ridden hard and put away wet.

You want country music hotties? Jennifer Nettles. Carrie Underwood. LeAnn Rimes. Sara Evans. Juile Roberts.

686626[/snapback]

I will agree with you on the five you mention, but I beg to differ on Gretchen.

You did not list Martina and Shania...both of whom do run circles around Gretchen, I admit.

There are FAR more hotties in country music than there are in pop or rock or any other music genre. Must be the water down South. 0:)

Mike

686626[/snapback]

You are correct re: Gretchen.

I prefer Old or Traditional Country (and I really like a lot of Bluegrass). Gimme Patsy Cline, Hank William Sr., Emmylou Harris (she's not real traditional, but she's AWESOME)...stuff like that. I don't care for the pop-country crap.

I'm not a huge Shania fan (re: pop-country mentioned by The Dean), but I will give you the three words I said when I first saw her video for "Any Man of Mine" nearly 11 years ago.

Oh. My. God!!!

Mike

I prefer Old or Traditional Country (and I really like a lot of Bluegrass).  Gimme Patsy Cline, Hank William Sr., Emmylou Harris (she's not real traditional, but she's AWESOME)...stuff like that.  I don't care for the pop-country crap.

686634[/snapback]

Merle Haggard. Willie Nelson. Waylon Jennings. Some great stuff back then. "Poncho and Lefty" and "I Gotta Get Drunk" are a couple that come to mind.

I prefer Old or Traditional Country (and I really like a lot of Bluegrass).  Gimme Patsy Cline, Hank William Sr., Emmylou Harris (she's not real traditional, but she's AWESOME)...stuff like that.  I don't care for the pop-country crap.

686634[/snapback]

I do like some of the older stuff as well. Patsy Cline was great, and willie and johnny got some real good songs too.