I guess I'm stupid.....but if I'm Peerless Price..

???

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133393

he got better every year, having a very good 2001 season despite playing on a horrible team. also, with regard to the myth you're propounding about dropped passes, he had notoriously good hands while with the bills. that was hardly a problem.

as for the fumbling, he fumbled a couple of times at key moments in the 2000 season while fighting for extra yards. he fumbled 4 times that year, losing 3. in 2001 and 2002, he lost a grand total of one fumble despite 150 catches.

as for the bad penalties, the only one i recall that was out and out stupid was a cheap shot at the end of a game against SF in 2001 that the bills lost 35-0.

it's amazing how these myths take life.

685827[/snapback]

Quote of the year! Way to make sense.

???

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133393

he got better every year, having a very good 2001 season despite playing on a horrible team. also, with regard to the myth you're propounding about dropped passes, he had notoriously good hands while with the bills. that was hardly a problem.

as for the fumbling, he fumbled a couple of times at key moments in the 2000 season while fighting for extra yards. he fumbled 4 times that year, losing 3. in 2001 and 2002, he lost a grand total of one fumble despite 150 catches.

as for the bad penalties, the only one i recall that was out and out stupid was a cheap shot at the end of a game against SF in 2001 that the bills lost 35-0.

it's amazing how these myths take life.

685827[/snapback]

dave i am glad you and DeLuca are exchanging over a pretty direct disagreement on an assessment of Peerless Price's career. I think this is one of two issues that one's opinion on really determines whether he is a good risk to be what we need aty #2 or #3 WR,

Firat, I am glad you support your view of his career with the Bills (the lionshare of his career) with a link to some stats because I think your view is pretty nuch totally correct about Price's work and DeLuca's view diverge from both the stats we have and my memory of his work as a Bill. You strke me as completely correcty in noting that even the few fumbles he had as a Bill actually came when he was fighting for extra yards and was caused by a second hit when someone had his ankles.

I'm not sure where DeLuca draws the idea from of Peerless having a case of the droppsies and I am disappointed he does not support this claim with any objective facts.

I think you are right.

The second issue is one that is an assessment of his health. There is some word that PP's total failure to become a credible #1 with AT was linked to a visual issue for him. If this is true we were stupid to sign him. If on the other hand the Bills docs made a judgement he could play, it is almost certainly a good move.

Given their good call with WM and a pretty good record of assessing injuries and managing rehab of the Bills I think that the docs get the benefit on my doubt on this over posters who rant against Price and actually fail to link to any objective facts to support their claims.

Myth? Please.

Price played himself out of the NFL but was able con Marv for a $10 million dollar contract. I guess those news story about "thugs" preying on the elderly are true.

And Price's hands weren't a problem? Please. Thay should have called him T-Rex for how short his arms get in traffic.

Price had average numbers because teams were double teaming Moulds. He left Moulds shadow and played himself out of the league.

He may be Buffalo's #2 but thats's more of a reflection of how bad the Bills depth at wideout is then anything else.

Price isn't here to prove anything. He's here because the Bills are the only team willing to pay him to play football. The Pats were willing to give him a sniff but only for the league min with no money upfront. Price will collect his money this year and be gone. Hopefully along with this front office. :(

685850[/snapback]

See no matter what side you take in this particular issue, it's VERY hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, as you totally dismiss the new front office BEFORE THE FIRST GAME.

Right off the bat, that make you sound like a troll, an idiot or someone with no sense whatsoever. Let them play a few games before any judgements are made (good or bad).

dave i am glad you and DeLuca are exchanging over a pretty direct disagreement on an assessment of Peerless Price's career.  I think this is one of two issues that one's opinion on really determines whether he is a good risk to be what we need aty #2 or #3 WR,

Firat, I am glad you support your view of his career with the Bills (the lionshare of his career) with a link to some stats because I think your view is pretty nuch totally correct about Price's work and DeLuca's view diverge from both the stats we have and my memory of his work as a Bill.  You strke me as completely correcty in noting that even the few fumbles he had as a Bill actually came when he was fighting for extra yards and was caused by a second hit when someone had his ankles.

I'm not sure where DeLuca draws the idea from of Peerless having a case of the droppsies and I am disappointed he does not support this claim with any objective facts.

I think you are right.

The second issue is one that is an assessment of his health.  There is some word that PP's total failure to become a credible #1 with AT was linked to a visual issue for him. If this is true we were stupid to sign him. If on the other hand the Bills docs made a judgement he could play, it is almost certainly a good move.

Given their good call with WM and a pretty good record of assessing injuries and managing rehab of the Bills I think that the docs get the benefit on my doubt on this over posters who rant against Price and actually fail to link to any objective facts to support their claims.

686008[/snapback]

thanks, barry! actually, i have to think they checked out his eyes and concluded they were ok. dallas signed him too last year, and i can only presume he checked out there. dallas was a wrong place/wrong time move for him, but all the same he must have checked out ok medically.

dallas was a wrong place/wrong time move for him, but all the same he must have checked out ok medically.

I think the rumors about his eye(s) were just that. And with Dallas, he signed with them just 1 week prior to the start of the season, meaning he missed ALL meaningful practice time with them. Plus he was buried behind Keyshawn, Glenn, and Witten, all excellent receivers.

If I'm Bennie Anderson I'm there too (VA in 5,4,3,2,1).    ;)

685668[/snapback]

:(

He was there, except the Saturday morning practice. Other then that he was there all weekend, and when he was there, he was lining up with the 1st team. :(