Connolly's amazing goal

what the heck happened to connolly's face? he looks like he has 2 black eyes and a chipped nose

685335[/snapback]

Hit in the face with a puck during game 5 warm ups. He now wears a shield. He never did before.

Connolly has been great.

As much as I liked Peca, I dare say that hardly anyone would trade Connolly for Peca straight up. I would like to see Connolly in a Sabres uniform for the rest of his career. He is getting better and better. He has some of the best hands that I have seen in hockey.

Who thinks on the rink long rush goal:

a] He tried to bank it off the goalie and knew what he was doing for an incredible goal

b] He was trying to pass across the crease to the oncoming Gaustad

c] He was just in too deep and tossing it out there in front of the net to try to make something happen haphazardly

Personally, I think he was trying to pass. Jon in Pasadena, who I was watching the game with, thought he did it on purpose and tried to bank it in.

685133[/snapback]

I think you might be right on this one. :w00t:

Who thinks on the rink long rush goal:

a] He tried to bank it off the goalie and knew what he was doing for an incredible goal

b] He was trying to pass across the crease to the oncoming Gaustad

c] He was just in too deep and tossing it out there in front of the net to try to make something happen haphazardly

Personally, I think he was trying to pass. Jon in Pasadena, who I was watching the game with, thought he did it on purpose and tried to bank it in.

685133[/snapback]

I'd bet my bottom dollar it was intentional. They practice that kind of shot a lot. The team has been scoring goals like that all year. I'm sure lindy has been telling them to score when you can by banking it off the goalie. A lot of players on the sabres have gotten really good at it.

After I posed the question, I just heard Connolly on the post game interview, and he sounded like it was intentional although he didnt come right out and say it. Still, that was an incredible goal. He could turn out to be a fabulous player. He has it all, and is playing amazing now.

685135[/snapback]

Bingo. The guy has always had the talent. I just wondered if he'd ever harness it and also be able to make the kind of comeback he did from concussion symptoms.

He has sick moves in his arsenal. I definitely felt he was intentionally trying to go backhand shortside. It was brilliant.

This guy is turning that Peca deal around quickly. What a fun player to watch!