My friend died

He was depressed all his life and finally ended it himself. I'm so sad, he was a great person and was always there for me...always had good things to say and always had good advice whenever I was in need of some, now he's gone forever. I'm all tore up...please say a prayer for my friend Walt....RIP.

I'll miss him greatly.

He was depressed all his life and finally ended it himself. I'm so sad, he was a great person and was always there for me...always had good things to say and always had good advice whenever I was in need of some, now he's gone forever. I'm all tore up...please say a prayer for my friend Walt....RIP.

I'll miss him greatly.

684028[/snapback]

Geez, man....I'm really sorry for your loss :blush:

I'll miss him greatly.

684028[/snapback]

Call up a buddy and go spend the night BS'n about college. That always does it for me. Very sorry to hear about your friend.

I'll miss him greatly.

684028[/snapback]

In my experience, being around people that I care about, maybe a girlfriend or friend, and crying helped me when a family member died. My best friend at the time just chilled with me and made me feel better.

Getting lost in a movie or television show usually helps me too. A good movie can allow you to block everything else out and focus on that when you just need a break from being sad for a while.

Once you get strong enough to sit down and just think for a while, do it. Remember the good times that you had with him, be thankful you had the chance to meet him, and enjoy the memories.

I think the biggest key is to not let the whole "YOU'RE A MAN, YOU MUST BE STRONG" stigma interfere with the grieving process. Laugh. Cry. Cry some more. Laugh some more. Let the emotions flow out, it'll help you get over it.

Sorry about your loss man, that sucks. :angry:

(PS, you could always masturbate :blush: )

I'll miss him greatly.

684028[/snapback]

sorry to hear about that. as said before, ahve a drink or 20 and enjoy some of the old times with some friends... :blush:

I think the biggest key is to not let the whole "YOU'RE A MAN, YOU MUST BE STRONG" stigma interfere with the grieving process.  Laugh.  Cry.  Cry some more.  Laugh some more.  Let the emotions flow out, it'll help you get over it.

684046[/snapback]

Darn good advice.

Having been there before not to suicide but having lost a friend all I can tell you is I found it best so be around friends and share memories it's ok to cry dont try to hold it back it'll only hurt you more that way in the long run, but being around friends remince about the good times and sharing your feelings is really the best way to go about it. Honestly I learned hearing other people tell you it's ok doesnt really cut it. At times it'll even sound empty and disingenious. Life can be cruel sometimes, and definitly unfair but remembering and recognising the good in the positive people around you will make it easier as each day passes. Hang in there and best wishes to you and your friends family.

I'll miss him greatly.

684028[/snapback]

Hey man...sorry about your friend.--For me the best thing is to go to a nice quiet church and spend some time in there.Itll keep everything in an eternal perspective. Think about him every day--and he will let you know things are alright.

Write.

Eulogy form (even if you're not delivering it), a list of the things you remember, things you did, a letter to him....

It's rare that I tangle with a blank page with a pen as my only weapon and walk away not knowing more about what I really think/feel about something, someone, or some decision I make.

It's rare that I tangle with a blank page with a pen as my only weapon and walk away not knowing more about what I really think/feel about something, someone, or some decision I make.

684091[/snapback]

Very well said

I'll miss him greatly.

684028[/snapback]

Sorry. My prayers are with you. +

I am so sorry. Suicide deaths are the worst to deal with. Hang in there. I myself love life and do not understand why anyone would take their own. I have been to many funerals of friends and I always say to them "Its not the last funeral you will attend...and if it is you have more pressing problems at hand". Life is great, life is short, enjoy every second of it. Prayers to you and your friend and their family

I agree with everything you've said. A friend of mine took his own life. In a few months it will have been 10 years. Time is great healer. It was a terrible time. He was a part of our large, close knit group. I watched all of my friends cry their eyes out for nearly a week and wondered why it wasn't happening to me. I was explaing this to my girlfriend when I lost it and sobbed for what seemed like an hour. Let what emotions you have come in their own time and don't suppress them when they do come.

Mourn your loss but celebrate his life and do so forever. We always get a drink and raise our glasses and say "here's to Jeff" with a big smile. Time will help.

Having been there before not to suicide but having lost a friend all I can tell you is I found it best so be around friends and share memories it's ok to cry dont try to hold it back it'll only hurt you more that way in the long run, but being around friends remince about the good times and sharing your feelings is really the best way to go about it.  Honestly I learned hearing other people tell you it's ok doesnt really cut it. At times it'll even sound empty and disingenious.  Life can be cruel sometimes, and definitly unfair but remembering and recognising the good in the positive people around you will make it easier as each day passes.  Hang in there and best wishes to you and your friends family.

684072[/snapback]