Lindy Ruff nominated for coach of the year

For doing the least with the most?  :blush:

You're right, he'll win. :angry:

684075[/snapback]

After Jagr, that team has absolutely nothing. It really doesn't matter though, the end of the season killed any chance he had.

Didn't they have one of the highest payrolls?

684081[/snapback]

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSearch...sp?OIDTeam=9495

Looking at the NHLPA website, that team was built very strangely. You have about half of the roster making ~$2 million+ and the other half is all closer to the minimum (not that all of these guys were there at the start of the year). Anytime I watched the Rangers this year, other than the first line, I always had "who the hell are these guys" thoughts. Renney did a good job this season (other than the last week or two) and deserves to be #3 in the voting for this award.

After Jagr, that team has absolutely nothing.  It really doesn't matter though, the end of the season killed any chance he had.

684079[/snapback]

Just watch Jagr get MVP too. The league still always feels the need to have the spot light be on the big cities.

How much would they hate a Buffalo - Edmonton, or even worse, an Ottawa- Edmonton final? :lol::lol::lol:

Just watch Jagr get MVP too.  The league still always feels the need to have the spot light be on the big cities.

684399[/snapback]

Jagr deserves the MVP. The first series against the Devils proved that. Who would you give the Hart Trophy to?

Just watch Jagr get MVP too.  The league still always feels the need to have the spot light be on the big cities.

How much would they hate a Buffalo - Edmonton, or even worse, an Ottawa- Edmonton final?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

684399[/snapback]

I think the network's worst nightmare would be a repeat of 2003:

Devils vs Ducks....

Devils are an amazing team, but let's be fair here, they lack the national appeal. At least with the Sabres...they are alluring because of the whole Buffalo thing (Bills, close shaves for championships etc)

No way.  Thornton completely changed the Sharks' season.

684916[/snapback]

Yep, from worst in the West to top remaining seed. There is a 100% correlation with Thornton donning teal and that team (and especially Cheechoo) turning the season around.

It's not the Best Player award, it's the Most VALUABLE Player award. I'd have a tough time believing anyone but Thornton would have had that significant an effect on his team's success.

Yep, from worst in the West to top remaining seed.  There is a 100% correlation with Thornton donning teal and that team (and especially Cheechoo) turning the season around.

It's not the Best Player award, it's the Most VALUABLE Player award.  I'd have a tough time believing anyone but Thornton would have had that significant an effect on his team's success.

685100[/snapback]

Cheechoo had never scored more than 28 goals before he started playing with Thornton. This year, 56. He played 58 games with Thornton, scoring FOURTY-NINE goals. Thornton assisted on THIRTY EIGHT of them.

Joey made Johnny a rich man and the Sharks the best remaining WC team.

Cheechoo had never scored more than 28 goals before he started playing with Thornton.  This year, 56.  He played 58 games with Thornton, scoring FOURTY-NINE goals.  Thornton assisted on THIRTY EIGHT of them.

Joey made Johnny a rich man and the Sharks the best remaining WC team.

685105[/snapback]

Yeah, but Jagr had a good season and his team's fortunes had nothing to do with Lundqvist's hip. :P