For all of you Star Wars fans out there

I just read yesterday that Lucas is looking to steal even more of our money. Of course "we" (not me specifically, but Star Wars fans) asked for it, actually begged for it. They'll be releasing the "original 3 (IV-VI)" in 2 DVD sets. One DVD contains original aired version (digitally cleaned up of course), 2nd DVD contains the "enhanced" edition. Pretty much the way it should have originally been done.

I just read yesterday that Lucas is looking to steal even more of our money.  Of course "we" (not me specifically, but Star Wars fans) asked for it, actually begged for it.  They'll be releasing the "original 3 (IV-VI)" in 2 DVD sets.  One DVD contains original aired version (digitally cleaned up of course), 2nd DVD contains the "enhanced" edition.  Pretty much the way it should have originally been done.

683978[/snapback]

Thank GOD.....I'm so tired of hearing some of my fellow SW nerds whine about this issue, lol. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the type of nerd that was featured on theTriumph the Insult Comic Dog bits), I'm an 8.8 when it comes to being a SW nerd. But I'm definitley in the 'who cares?' camp when it comes to the special editions. I never found the changes to be so distracting or consequential that people should be THAT upset about not having the original releases. But thankfully Lucas came to his senses and now this issue is moot.....the way it should be :blush:

I just read yesterday that Lucas is looking to steal even more of our money.  Of course "we" (not me specifically, but Star Wars fans) asked for it, actually begged for it.  They'll be releasing the "original 3 (IV-VI)" in 2 DVD sets.  One DVD contains original aired version (digitally cleaned up of course), 2nd DVD contains the "enhanced" edition.  Pretty much the way it should have originally been done.

683978[/snapback]

Interesting. Lucas has said many times that masters for those films no longer exist, that those movies were not what he intended.

Not that I care, I already have my DVD originals burned from the original release Laserdisc... :blush:

Interesting. Lucas has said many times that masters for those films no longer exist, that those movies were not what he intended.

Not that I care, I already have my DVD originals burned from the original release Laserdisc... :blush:

683989[/snapback]

I retract my statement. It appears that King Cheese will indeed release the original versions...

I've been waiting for you LanaK, we meet again at last.  The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the learner.  Now I am the master

683926[/snapback]

only a master of incorrect comma usage, Darth :blush:

683978[/snapback]

Yeah, i heard about that too. My bro is a huge SW fan so, of course, he'll go out and buy these as soon as they come out. :blush:

Now you're sounding like your hero from that other Sci-Fi juggernaut: Capt. Kirk! :blush:

684102[/snapback]

nah, the poor use of comma's is one thing. but to mimick Kirk one MUST also OVER emPHASize key words AND syllables!

For example

If, YOU only KNEW, the POWER of, the DARK side

Picard on the other hand would just say "Number 1, go kick his ass", and his will be done

nah, the poor use of comma's is one thing.  but to mimick Kirk one MUST also OVER emPHASize key words AND syllables!

For example

Picard on the other hand would just say "Number 1, go kick his ass", and his will be done

684105[/snapback]

Kirk would never kitty out and have someone else kick ass on his behalf. He'd also never make use of a euphemism for 'urine' when referring to a subordinate. (I suppose it's better than being called 'number 2', though)

Kirk > Peecard

nah, the poor use of comma's is one thing.  but to mimick Kirk one MUST also OVER emPHASize key words AND syllables!

For example

684105[/snapback]

But to TRULY! IMITATE! KIRK! You have to..............PAUSE! Occasionally. For no. Apparent. REASON!