Free agency thinned out.

Clayton goes on and states that it's hard to believe how few players are on the streets. Approximately 240 of the 351 unrestricted free agents have deals, leaving roughly 100 free agents if you discount retirements. This leaves the pool of replacement players at an all-time low for this time of year. Teams have to be more careful and avoid major injuries during their minicamps. If a key performer goes down, teams will struggle to find a free agent to replace their injured player in what has been the second busiest free-agency year ever.

If we are going to add anybody then maybe we should do it sooner than later.

Or the ignored nugget that teams are managing the cap, and are waiting to cut veterans until June 1. At any rate, veteran FA help always comes online in late August.

If we are going to add anybody then maybe we should do it sooner than later.

683852[/snapback]

I heard Marv say in an interview with John Murphy on Channel 7 that they were basically through in free agency.

I heard Marv say in an interview with John Murphy on Channel 7 that they were basically through in free agency.

683864[/snapback]

I think that's probably best for this year, actually. I think we have some young, unproven talent on this team that needs to be evaluated. I'd rather see us put the lid on free agent signings for this season, evaluate how things go, and then make a splash next offseason.

I think that's probably best for this year, actually. I think we have some young, unproven talent on this team that needs to be evaluated. I'd rather see us put the lid on free agent signings for this season, evaluate how things go, and then make a splash next offseason.

684030[/snapback]

I agree, and I'm pretty sure that was Marv's strategy all along. It may not help this year, but it will pay off.