Robert Randolph & The Family Band - Review

saw them last nite here in richmond, 1st it should be mentioned that tickets were $10.00, a bargain in anyones book! That said, this guy blew me away, I have not been that "moved" by a concert or musician since I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan at an outdoor show in liverpool's longbranch park. This guy makes the steel slide guitar scream, and he had the entire area jumping, maybe 2000 people at this outdoor venue. If anyone ever gets the opportunity to see this band, do not pass it up, he is that good!!!!!!

yeah i liked that it was his/their show, he played for a good 2 hours, could have gone longer but i think it is regulated that they end by 10, he is playing with black crowes and drive by truckers this summer throughout NY(darien lake, spac, jones beach etc) then playing with DMB later in the summer, one of DMB's mates joined him onstage last nite, didn't catch his name or anything, but man oh man did he have that place jumping last nite, the emotion that comes out of the steel guitar was monsterous ala SRV or george benson, or a younger clapton. WOW!!!

Saw them open for Clapton last Year. I also was blown away. I wish they would have done an extended set.

683485[/snapback]

I saw them open up for Clapton a couple of years ago not expecting to witness what I did. They were phenomenal with a capital PHE. At the conclusion of their set, just to show how talented they were as musicians, they each alternated instruments, like rotations in volleyball. Each one would play the drums, guitar, bass, and keyboards for about 5 minutes. RR blew Clapton away when he came out during Clapton's set.

Seeing them for $10 is a steal and I would love it if they came to NYC with those same prices.

Just Up On Dime

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

May 3, 2006

Fasmart Pavilion - Innsbrook After Hours

Richmond, VA

Source: AudioTechnica822 w/bass roll-off @150hz > DAT (Sony D8 @ 48kHz)

Transfer: Sony D8 > 7pin/coaxial > Pioneer PDR-509 @44.1khz > CDR > EAC > WAV >

Soundforge 8.0 (fades & editing) > CDWAVE > FLAC

Taped & Transfered by Sean Wahlberg (phishin024@yahoo.com)

Disc 1

01. Tears Of Joy> Run For Your Life

02. I Need More Love>

03. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

04. The March

05. Press On

06. Hip Shake Boogie

Disc 2

01. Move Over Jam> #

02. Nobody>Lousianna Bayou>Nobody #

03. Danyel's Bass Jam

04. Roll Up

05. Whole Lotta Love

Encore:

06. Don't Worry, Be Happy

07. Summertime

# w/Butch Taylor

Notes: Fades were applied before encore due to a tape change, no music was lost.

Thanks to "Clube" for loaning me the DAT

they are booked solid, i have not been able to register for this site for months, they have over 93000 users

687188[/snapback]

I thought they capped at 99,999. Keep trying, it's worth it.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can snag it for you... I'll let you know.

what a nice weekend concert that would be, if you get a chance go, gov't mule and rr & fb would be worth the price of the ticket alone

They are playing Saturday June 3 at Mountain Jam, Hunter Mountain, Greene County Catskills.  You can find concert info at WDST.com.  Two day fest with Gov't Mule and a bunch of other artists.

687196[/snapback]