OLN hockey coverage....

I think I am in the minority, but I think all things considered, OLN has done an outstanding job with NHL hockey this season. They don't have all the bells and whistles that ESPN had, but their analysts actually have the time to talk hockey, unencumbered by tired graphics and self promotion.

If you haven't wathced it, every night, after the playoff games are over, they have a recap show called "On the Fly"...they just previewed the Saberes/Senators series, interviewed Ryan Miller, Lindy Ruff and Brian Campbell. If, like me, you are a displaced hockey fan, in a non-traditional NHL city, this show is a godsend. Both the analyst have that nasty Canadian accent, say things like "Organ-I-zation" for real...almost like being home, watchig Hockey Night In Canada, on CBC...lots of highlights too! Not just the goals...blows ESPN's old "NHL2Night" away....props to OLN!

I think I am in the minority, but I think all things considered, OLN has done an outstanding job with NHL hockey this season.  They don't have all the bells and whistles that ESPN had, but their analysts actually have the time to talk hockey, unencumbered by tired graphics and self promotion. 

If you haven't wathced it, every night, after the playoff games are over, they have a recap show called "On the Fly"...they just previewed the Saberes/Senators series, interviewed Ryan Miller, Lindy Ruff and Brian Campbell.  If, like me, you are a displaced hockey fan, in a non-traditional NHL city, this show is a godsend.  Both the analyst have that nasty Canadian accent, say things like "Organ-I-zation" for real...almost like being home, watchig Hockey Night In Canada, on CBC...lots of highlights too!  Not just the goals...blows ESPN's old "NHL2Night" away....props to OLN!

683260[/snapback]

*grin*

On The Fly is a good show, but only because its by Canadians.

I believe its actually produced byt he NHL Network, which is a canadian station, and OLN airs it.

EDIT: In Fact, NHL Network is tsn's sister station, and they do produce it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl_network/

I'd rather watch a game on Lifetime than suffer through all the self promotion nonsense on ESPN.

For those of us without Center Ice, OLN has been a lifeline to the playoffs. btw, have they announced their schedule for showing round 2? The online guide says teams TBD.

I'd rather watch a game on Lifetime than suffer through all the self promotion nonsense on ESPN.

683336[/snapback]

You say that now, but once all the vagina monologue movie previews start, you'll come crawling back for one more "Boo-yah!"

You say that now, but once all the vagina monologue movie previews start, you'll come crawling back for one more "Boo-yah!"

683350[/snapback]

Whining p###y or screaming a-hole. Tough choice.

NHL.com sez all Sabres-Sens games will be on OLN

Link

683353[/snapback]

Cool, thanks!