back to bills defense of the late 90's

i am thinking that if the bills picks on defense work out, do you guys think we can get back to playing bills defense like we did when we had thomas smith, henry jones, antoine winfield, sam cowart, (before the achilles), marcellus wiley in his prime, and ted washington, not to mention bruce smith and phil hansen

(Mostly) just pickin', dellapelle. But 2000 was the only season Wiley started here, other than the occasional spot-start in case Bruuuce or Phil H. was injured.

(Mostly) just pickin', dellapelle. But 2000 was the only season Wiley started here, other than the occasional spot-start in case Bruuuce or Phil H. was injured.

683095[/snapback]

And he has been getting paid for 2000 almost ever since....millions and millions...

lori, then in 01and02 wiley went to the pro bowl. if it werent for injuries he would have another 2 pro bowls in my opinion. bottom line is wiley in his prime was better then any d-lineman we have had in the past six years!!

lori, then in 01and02 wiley went to the pro bowl.

683230[/snapback]

Not in 2002 (when he only had 6 sacks), and not here. Aaron Schobel has had 8+ sacks in each of the last four seasons, has just as many double-digit-sack seasons, and has more total sacks (46.5) in a far shorter career than Wiley (44.0).

Sorry, but I remain unimpressed by Wiley's career.

not to mention bruce smith and phil hansen

683067[/snapback]

yeah, let's not mention them, because there is NO ONE even close to their talent on our oh-so-special DL.

shame on you for even THINKING something so ridiculous.