Moussaoui gets life in prison

Lori

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to get all political here but this is why I'm not in favor of the death penalty. If some how I had to choice between the death penalty and life in prison without parole, I would just the death penalty in the a second. The death penalty is an easy way out compared to sitting in a cell for the rest of your life thinking about how stupid you are.

No martyrdom for you. May you have a long, miserable life in that cell, and die of old age.

682864[/snapback]

maybe he'll convert to the nation of islam in the big house. it worked for malcolm x! i think the trip to mecca is out of the cards, though ...

I don't want to get all political here but this is why I'm not in favor of the death penalty.  If some how I had to choice between the death penalty and life in prison without parole, I would just the death penalty in the a second.  The death penalty is an easy way out compared to sitting in a cell for the rest of your life thinking about how stupid you are.

682867[/snapback]

Yeah while you have 3 meals a day, shelter, clothes, and other stuff that many people don't have (at the cost of taxpayers). I'm not saying it's a good time by any means but for me at least, it's a hell of a lot better than being dead. For those who fear death, it's the ultimate punishment. For those who don't, who cares they'll be burning in hell a lot sooner and at a lower cost to everyone else. May sound cold, but that's how I feel.

it is common knowledge that it costs more money to execute someone than to imprison him for life.

682880[/snapback]

$20 for a box of 30/06. Problem solved.

I was ECSTATIC that this POS didn't get the death penalty, BECAUSE as has been stated, it costs more money to execute someone than incarcerate them for life. Instead in cases like child rape or murder, and this, the POS gets killed in prison within a year. Saves more money and eliminates the problem.

I don't want to get all political here but this is why I'm not in favor of the death penalty.  If some how I had to choice between the death penalty and life in prison without parole, I would just the death penalty in the a second.  The death penalty is an easy way out compared to sitting in a cell for the rest of your life thinking about how stupid you are.

682867[/snapback]

not to mention the number of prisoners who are gonna beat his ass, especially if they lost a friend or family member in the terrorist attacks.

it is common knowledge that it costs more money to execute someone than to imprison him for life.

682880[/snapback]

You are correct, it is common knowledge...but, I wonder if it is true. (FYI, I am against the death penalty.) I have never seen the studies and data used to make the claim, so i reserve judgement. It strikes me as probably being true due to all of the appeals and legal maneuvers involved in killing someone.

I wonder what in costs in a state like Texas that has, basically, assembly-line executions?

You are correct, it is common knowledge...but, I wonder if it is true.  (FYI, I am against the death penalty.)  I have never seen the studies and data used to make the claim, so i reserve judgement.  It strikes me as probably being true due to all of the appeals and legal maneuvers involved in killing someone.

I wonder what in costs in a state like Texas that has, basically, assembly-line executions?

682946[/snapback]

It's because they spend 20 year tying up the court with appeals and getting food, shelter and health care over that time period. If they were found guilty and taken out back and shot.......I would say just a tad cheaper than life in prison.

It's because they spend 20 year tying up the court with appeals and getting food, shelter and health care over that time period.  If they were found guilty and taken out back and shot.......I would say just a tad cheaper than life in prison.

682950[/snapback]

Again with getting too political, is more important getting the case right or saving money? I don't know the statistics, but for the sake of discussion, let's say 99.9% of those sentenced to the death penalty are guilty. To me, that 0.1% sentenced to wrongly die by the state or federal courts is way too many. Just make them rot in a cell, perhaps somewhat make some retribution to society, and let the powers above (or below :doh: ) sort them out. Just my two cents.