Flyer Fans

"We have unbelievable fans and they're disappointed," Hitchcock said. "We have to stick together."

You can say that again Ken!

How long before they start eating their own?

And what is up with those dorky faux hockey helmets that they got some drunk bastards to wear?

:P:lol::lol:

Depends on how you define "unbelievable", I suppose...

682627[/snapback]

:lol:

Ken Hitchcock is a master at words I suppose. Very well choosen word, I take he "gets" it... His next line was:

"We have to stick together."

I do admit... I don't mind the guy. :lol:

:P:lol:

Depends on how you define "unbelievable", I suppose...

682627[/snapback]

It's either, "Look at these schmoes in their paper hats. Can you believe 'em?" OR when a Flyers fans says "Our physical nature will be too much for the lightweight Sabres", you roll your eyes and say "I don't believe you".

Tough loss for the Habs, Lori. You have any place in your heart for the Swordsmen?

Tough loss for the Habs, Lori.  You have any place in your heart for the Swordsmen?

682635[/snapback]

Always have, whenever they're not playing against "my" team. Went to more than a few games at the Aud with my Dad, starting with the night Gretzky broke the single-season goal-scoring record in 1982 (and Gilbert, not wanting to be upstaged by the kid, countered with a hat trick of his own). Loved Pat LalalalaLaFontaine, like Briere and Drury almost as much.

Plus, they're the 'hometown' team -- so the (dearly departed and sorely missed) Empire, and more recently MSGBuffalo, have provided the vast majority of my NHL access for the last ten years. Heck... considering the only time I get to see the Habs anymore is when they're playing either Buffalo or Pittsburgh, I know your team better than my own.

In fact, I'm not sure I should admit this.. but talkin' hockey at work the other night, I said I'd have mixed emotions were the Sabres/Habs to meet up further down the road in the playoffs. (Guess that's not a problem now. :doh: )

I've had the chance to watch my team skate the Cup more than once, and it's absolutely mindblowing. Buffalo fans deserve that opportunity.

Always have, whenever they're not playing against "my" team. Went to more than a few games at the Aud with my Dad, starting with the night Gretzky broke the single-season goal-scoring record in 1982 (and Gilbert, not wanting to be upstaged by the kid, countered with a hat trick of his own). Loved Pat LalalalaLaFontaine, like Briere and Drury almost as much.

Plus, they're the 'hometown' team -- so the (dearly departed and sorely missed) Empire, and more recently MSGBuffalo, have provided the vast majority of my NHL access for the last ten years. Heck... considering the only time I get to see the Habs anymore is when they're playing either Buffalo or Pittsburgh, I know your team better than my own.

In fact, I'm not sure I should admit this.. but talkin' hockey at work the other night, I said I'd have mixed emotions were the Sabres/Habs to meet up further down the road in the playoffs. (Guess that's not a problem now. :doh:  )

I've had the chance to watch my team skate the Cup more than once, and it's absolutely mindblowing. Buffalo fans deserve that opportunity.

682743[/snapback]

I agree with you, Lori. It's one reason why I've switched my NHL affiliations from the Bruins to the Sabres.

The Sabes play hockey the way it's meant to be played...as a TEAM sport. Maxim, Drury, and Miller have become my new Hockey Heroes, replacing Cam and Bourque.

Mike

I'd have mixed emotions were the Sabres/Habs to meet up further down the road in the playoffs. (Guess that's not a problem now. :doh:  )

682743[/snapback]

I can relate to that....I would have rather Buff and Philly been seeded like 3,4 or 5,6. At least that way I'd have my two favorite teams in the playoffs for a while. I hate the fact that the two teams I root for had to face one another in the first damn round. If my Flyers have to go down, though, I just assume they go down to the Sabres. I'd love to see the city of Buffalo have a champion.

I agree with you, Lori.  It's one reason why I've switched my NHL affiliations from the Bruins to the Sabres.

The Sabes play hockey the way it's meant to be played...as a TEAM sport.  Maxim, Drury, and Miller have become my new Hockey Heroes, replacing Cam and Bourque.

Mike

682779[/snapback]

And they call T-bone a team-swapping whore?

:doh:

Say what you want about some of the Flyers fans at the game or around Philly (not all of them are scum)...but they are some of the more loyal fans you will find.  Anywhere.

682907[/snapback]

Pretty much all of the Filly fans I know personally are good guys that are REALLY into their teams (and ALL of them grew up near Filly). The thing is, even if they are in the majority (and I assume they have to be), their idiots are so friggin' visible that it's almost impossible to not consider the good fans to be the aberation and not the other way around.

And they call T-bone a team-swapping whore?

:doh:

682906[/snapback]

Oh, I get it. Two teams in one year, and suddenly, I'm a whore.

Bastard. :lol::lol:

(just kidding...you never know if someone on a message board is going to come to Cleveland with a machete, looking for you. :lol: )

Mike

Oh, I get it.  Two teams in one year, and suddenly, I'm a whore. 

Bastard.  :huh:  :w00t:

(just kidding...you never know if someone on a message board is going to come to Cleveland with a machete, looking for you.  :blink: )

Mike

683041[/snapback]

I heard Fan in San Diego has bought plane tickets.....twice

"We have unbelievable fans and they're disappointed," Hitchcock said. "We have to stick together."

You can say that again Ken!

How long before they start eating their own?

And what is up with those dorky faux hockey helmets that they got some drunk bastards to wear?

:w00t:  :blink:  :huh:

682606[/snapback]

Over/Under on how many days it takes for Captain Kangaroo to be fired: 5

In fact, I'm not sure I should admit this.. but talkin' hockey at work the other night, I said I'd have mixed emotions were the Sabres/Habs to meet up further down the road in the playoffs. (Guess that's not a problem now. :angry:  )

682743[/snapback]

Good answer........you can stay for another week. :blush:

Good answer........you can stay for another week.  :angry:

683822[/snapback]

Thanks. Back when Mark Z. still ran the Sabres board, it was suggested I move on. No trash-talking (unlike a certain Penguins fan I could mention), they just didn't like the idea of someone with the username "GoHabsGo" hangin' out there....

:blush: