I now know why many Americans are p&&ed

If you read the report, the export question is unique in that the more educated the respondant, the more likely the question was to be answered incorrectly (overestimating the power of China). I missed that one, but at least I can take heart in being an edjumakated dumbass....

Dang- missed 3: exports, language and immigration

The CSI question may have been a control question - see if significantly larger % of people answer that question correctly compared to the other questions. (And I am a CSI fan and no I don't think it is comparable to the idiotic American Idol)

The CSI question may have been a control question - see if significantly larger % of people answer that question correctly compared to the other questions. (And I am a CSI fan and no I don't think it is comparable to the idiotic American Idol)

683634[/snapback]

I agree. It could be designed to see if people pay more attention to fictional television shows than they do to educating themselves to things like geography. Now, you could throw in a curveball by making them actually find the locations of the CSI shows on a map. Then they would be screwed.

I just took the test... I will give Las Vegas a no amswer since CTM and I discussed it... I would have said NYC before reading the choices... After seeing that NYC wasn't there... I would have said Las Vegas, knowing it wasn't Chicago, LA or San Fran... :w00t:

Yet, here is my truthful score (out of 19):

16/19

I missed imm % (said 54%), Man. Chinese (said English, even know Man. Chinese was my "gut" choice), and US (I said China was largest exporter... Should have noted "services" better).

Now for my wise guy nitpicks (answered right of course):

Now... New Zealand has "The Alps"... The "Southern Alps"??? But, of course I answered Europe for the question... :blink::huh:

Sri Lanka is an Island off of India... So it can't be ON the continent of Asia... Or is that considered to be "ON"... :blink::huh:

I agree. It could be designed to see if people pay more attention to fictional television shows than they do to educating themselves to things like geography. Now, you could throw in a curveball by making them actually find the locations of the CSI shows on a map. Then they would be screwed.

683637[/snapback]

I agree... But... I don't watch TV (new shows or series) like that... Yet, I knew that there was a CSI LV and Miami and NYC... I should have took the test before, yet had server issues the other day... Without seeing the choices, I would have said NYC, Miami and LV in that order... Not seeing NYC and Miami on the list... I would have picked LV.

Again... I don't watch this kind of TV... Yet, would have made the correct choice.

A poor control question???? I tend to think so.

I agree... But... I don't watch TV (new shows or series) like that... Yet, I knew that there was a CSI LV and Miami and NYC... I should have took the test before, yet had server issues the other day... Without seeing the choices, I would have said NYC, Miami and LV in that order... Not seeing NYC and Miami on the list... I would have picked LV.

Again... I don't watch this kind of TV... Yet, would have made the correct choice.

A poor control question????  I tend to think so.

683690[/snapback]

It is a poor control question, but the original CSI does not have the city name in the title, like NYC and Miami (BTW, Emily Proctor and Eva La Rue :blush: ). That increases the difficulty of the question. :angry:

It is a poor control question, but the original CSI does not have the city name in the title, like NYC and Miami (BTW, Emily Proctor and Eva La Rue  :blush: ). That increases the difficulty of the question.  :angry:

683724[/snapback]

mmmmm...Emily Proctor.....

I was listening to the radio, apparrently the u.s. gov. is giving the mexican gov. the locations of the minutemen civilian border security....Bravo, to our leaders, looking out for the buisnessman.....

687955[/snapback]

That is bullshiat. These are private citizens guarding PRIVATE PROPERTY.

I'll tell you what, if a herd of illegals came rampaging through my backyard, I'd be out there with a shotgun, too.

That is bullshiat. These are private citizens guarding PRIVATE PROPERTY.

I'll tell you what, if a herd of illegals came rampaging through my backyard, I'd be out there with a shotgun, too.

688251[/snapback]

Well...that's okay. Just make sure when you shoot, you shout "Take that, you !@#$ing potential Hispanic-American!", not "Take that, you !@#$ing breeder!"

Shotgun?  If a herd of illegals came thru my backyard, I want the gun Jesse Ventura used in Predator.

688416[/snapback]

What would that accomplish save for an opportunity to vent your frustration ? They are humans too looking out for the best for themselves and their families, like everyone else. I bet many of them are illiterate enough to not know what type of illegal activity they are engaging in. I am all for deporting illegals but certainly not violence against them. Violence only begets more and there is always an opportunity to think about ground-level solutions before resorting to strong-arm tactics.

What would that accomplish save for an opportunity to vent your frustration ? They are humans too looking out for the best for themselves and their families, like everyone else. I bet many of them are illiterate enough to not know what type of illegal activity they are engaging in. I am all for deporting illegals but certainly not violence against them. Violence only begets more and there is always an opportunity to think about ground-level solutions before resorting to strong-arm tactics.

689069[/snapback]

Or it was just hyperbole. Most people who talk like that don't have the balls to back it up anyway.

But I'd still want that gun...but just for brush clearance. There's a tree in the yard I need to take down.

If anyone, illegal, legal or whatever, tries going after my family, yes, they will get shot. Having a bunch of illegals running through my yard (assuming, I guess, that I live on a border somewhere) and possibly toward my house, yeah that would be a problem.

They can look out for their families just fine without interfering with mine in any way.

Or it was just hyperbole. Most people who talk like that don't have the balls to back it up anyway.

Thing is, if my family was threatened, then yes, I would defend by any means necessary.

I bet many of them are illiterate enough to not know what type of illegal activity they are engaging in.

689069[/snapback]

They're smart enough to save up enough to pay the coyote, , smart enough to get fake SS#s, etc.

The old Steve Martin Defense. "Judge, I didn't know that running across the border wsa illegal"