Man did John Daly blow a LOT of $$$

Golfer Daly's gambling losses top $A70m

John Daly says he has lost between $US50 million and $US60 million ($A66 million and $A79 million) during 12 years of heavy gambling, and that it has become a problem that could "flat-out ruin me" if he doesn't bring it under control.

Daly discussed his addiction to gambling in the final chapter of his autobiography, "John Daly: My Life In and Out of the Rough," to be released next Monday.

He told one story of earning $US750,000 ($A992,000) when he lost in a playoff to Tiger Woods last year in San Francisco at a World Golf Championship event. Instead of going home, he drove to Las Vegas and says he lost $US1.65 million ($A2.18 million) in five hours playing mostly $US5,000 ($A6,600) slot machines.

Janet Gretzky might be better company for him :P

John is a freak. Seems like a pretty cool guy, and I hope at the end of the day between battles with the bottle, the wife and her legal troubles, the course, and vegas, that he has something left for the future.

I have no patients for a fuggup like that. Had everything going for him and he ruins it in every possible way. And that it's not all his fault is a load of crap. I have personal experience in this. Just set a bottle of jack, a mirror and a pipe in front of me and you'll see what I mean. Solution.....stay away from the Jack, mirror and pipe. Glass of wine anyone. :P

I have no patients for a fuggup like that.  Had everything going for him and he ruins it in every possible way.  And that it's not all his fault is a load of crap.  I have personal experience in this.  Just set a bottle of jack, a mirror and a pipe in front of me and you'll see what I mean.  Solution.....stay away from the Jack, mirror and pipe.  Glass of wine anyone.  :P

681561[/snapback]

Yeah, that worked out well.

I stay trashed on wine now.

John is a freak. Seems like a pretty cool guy, and I hope at the end of the day between battles with the bottle, the wife and her legal troubles, the course, and vegas, that  he has something left for the future.

681550[/snapback]

I'm trying really hard to have some compassion for this stupid fugger, but I just can't quite figure out how to feel sorry for him. It's just not happening. I just can't get past the fact that he makes me want to puke.

Maybe I've matured but when I have a drink of wine, I usually don't want to empty the liquor..........usually.  :P

681576[/snapback]

They mostly come at night, mostly...

I'm trying really hard to have some compassion for this stupid fugger, but I just can't quite figure out how to feel sorry for him. It's just not happening. I just can't get past the fact that he makes me want to puke.

But, this is what "here" is.

I'm going to go pick up another mid-range Chard, now.

BRB.

JD is my favorite golfer. A nice guy who I was fortunate to get to know a little bit. He's not asking anyone to feel sorry for him. The man has an addictive personality and he is trying to overcome it. He is, however, a real nice and genuine guy.

He told one story of earning $US750,000 ($A992,000) when he lost in a playoff to Tiger Woods last year in San Francisco at a World Golf Championship event. Instead of going home, he drove to Las Vegas and says he lost $US1.65 million ($A2.18 million) in five hours playing mostly $US5,000 ($A6,600) slot machines.

681492[/snapback]

Slot machines??? What a putz. At least lose your millions playing craps like a real man.

I'm trying really hard to have some compassion for this stupid fugger, but I just can't quite figure out how to feel sorry for him.  It's just not happening.  I just can't get past the fact that he makes me want to puke.

681575[/snapback]

Don't feel sorry for him...he sure don't feel sorry for himself. I met Daly a few weeks ago at Hooters in Augusta, where he was selling his T-shirts and signing autographs. The line was a mile long.

He's living life large and is one of the most down-to-earth pro sports guy you'll ever encounter.

Don't feel sorry for him...he sure don't feel sorry for himself.  I met Daly a few weeks ago at Hooters in Augusta, where he was selling his T-shirts and signing autographs.  The line was a mile long. 

He's living life large and is one of the most down-to-earth pro sports guy you'll ever encounter.

682074[/snapback]

My wife was his agent's secretary and JD is a sweetheart (her term) but he is constantly surrounding himself with bad seeds. His choice in women and friends has been his biggest downfall. Just too nice a guy with a lot of vultures circling overhead.