Easterbrook on the Bills Draft

Rico

Now THERE is a convincing argument....seriously.(no, I'm not being a smartass, really...) OK, so let's assume that none of the OL on the board were worth first rounders. Are you telling me that the likes of Mangold or Justice were not worthy of 2nd or third?

If that's the prevailing opinion, it's REALLY going to be interesting who does more for their team(s)...

681547[/snapback]

Some of the talking heads were pointing out that unless Mario Williams turns out to be a Hall of Fame DE, he'll always be linked with the Sam Bowies and Darkos in the "you coulda had this guy instead" file. I'm assuming we'll treat McCargo/Mangold much the same.

Obviously, I'm hoping for the best vis-a-vis both McCargo and Mel Fowler... but my traditional "wait till September, then we'll see what we've got" mantra couldn't be more appropriate this year. After the Bennie Anderson fiasco, no more this-guy-should-be-an-upgrade predictions from this neck of the woods.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they must have seen something in them that they liked or they wouldn't have drafted them - there were other options. moreover, new draftees are almost never camp fodder - the team wants them to succeed. camp fodder are the guys who were drafted 2 or 3 years ago and haven't panned out and the annual army of street free agents. 

regardless, the bills drafted 2 DTs and 3 o-linemen out of 9 picks. i doubt that many teams had a higher ratio of linemen drafted than the bills.

681386[/snapback]

Spin doctor much? I don't know how you still manage to do the homer thing after sucking this whole decade.

After the Bennie Anderson fiasco, no more this-guy-should-be-an-upgrade predictions from this neck of the woods.

681649[/snapback]

Yeah, the "_ can't be any worse than _" mantra blew up in my face too many times during the GW era - I stopped it 3 years ago.

Now THERE is a convincing argument....seriously.(no, I'm not being a smartass, really...) OK, so let's assume that none of the OL on the board were worth first rounders. Are you telling me that the likes of Mangold or Justice were not worthy of 2nd or third?

If that's the prevailing opinion, it's REALLY going to be interesting who does more for their team(s)...

681547[/snapback]

Mangold was taken in the first round by the jets. He wasnt there in the 2nd.