I know I'm kind of in the minority (I think)

Lv - I was thinking along these lines.  It would be interesting.  However, I think Canada would not be too receptive to NFL teams, and I don't think Mexico has the money to.  Also, opening up the league internationally would only increase the number of places for the Bills to go.  How about the Montreal Bills?

Also, I may be talking out of my rear, but i think Hampton Roads is generally a poor, military-based area much like Jacksonville.

Baseball is setting attendance records annually.

681439[/snapback]

...but isn'r the annual Superbowl Champion declared the "World Champion" as well...

Maybe a team could relocate to Melbourne, Australia. I wouldn't have so far to travel...

Lv - I was thinking along these lines.  It would be interesting.  However, I think Canada would not be too receptive to NFL teams, and I don't think Mexico has the money to.  Also, opening up the league internationally would only increase the number of places for the Bills to go.  How about the Montreal Bills?

Also, I may be talking out of my rear, but i think Hampton Roads is generally a poor, military-based area much like Jacksonville.

Baseball is setting attendance records annually.

681439[/snapback]

I hear you. The Tidewater area in Virginia could easily handle football. People would come from Richmond to Williamsburg to the area all around Va Beach. It's just not a recognized city because of actually being about 7 cities all right next to each other. Once you get just south of Williamsburg though and hit Newport News, that whole area is a population mecca. I also would venture to guess that there would most likely be about 10,000 or so season ticket holders, at least, from the Richmond and W'Burg areas. Hampton Roads isn't poor at all, but it definately has it's ghetto's in certain spots. Norfolk, and some places in Hampton and Newport News. But, what city doesn't? It does have a military population too, however, Virginia's economy, in general is so strong that this area is going to be a boon for the first professional league that taps into this market. Comparing it to Buffalo, the Richmond area, which is a growing city, and very nice around it's suburbs, would serve as the teams Rochester so to speak. The only difference is that Richmonders are in much better shape financially. I'm telling ya, this area is untapped in terms of resources.

I thought about the Montreal scenario too, but I don't think the NFL would go there because Montreal is generally an un-friendly US city in alot of cases. And I agree, Mexico City would be too poor. I just wasn't sure about Portland. Don't know much about it.

It's all guessing, but there's no doubt the NFL could pull off 8 more teams to make all of the divisions at 5 teams each. The popularity of the league is ungodly right now. Also, this type of plan would require re-alignment to make it work too. As much as the old timers like Buffalo vs. Miami, nothing would suit the league better than to have Buffalo - Cleveland - Pittsburgh and the new Toronto franchise in the division together along with maybe Detroit I guess. But the Buffalo - Pittsburgh - Cleveland thing would be the best rivalry division in sports after a few years.

Anyone that backs expansion on a major level should take a look at NFL Europe. That's some bad football on a regular basis and those players would be the players that would end up making NFL rosters in an expanded league. Not good news.