NFL to let Bush wear #5 ?

I can't bring the ESPN.com page up right now but I read yesterday the NFL is likely to grant Bush's request to wear # 5. I wonder if this is going to have every RB in the league wanting to switch back to his college number? If I recall the NFL denied Edgerrin James request years ago to wear #5. But since WR's are allowed now to wear teen numbers I guess a precident has been set.

I couldn't care less, what number Bush wears. I'm just glad he'll be toiling in relative obscurity down in the Big Easy, and Buffalo will only see him once every three years.

I, for one, HATE that they may let him wear #5. I also totally HATE that WR's can wear numbers in the teens. I don't really like college football and this is one of the reasons, the numbers piss me off. I have several more reasons but I'll stay on topic here....

where does it end? LB's wearing single digits, or teen numbers? DE's wearing numbers in the 30's? I DO NOT WANT THIS HAPPENING. RB's should be in the 20's-40's and WR's should be in the 80's, I'm a stubborn jerk and that's what I like watching. :lol:

I, for one, HATE that they may let him wear #5.  I also totally HATE that WR's can wear numbers in the teens.  I don't really like college football and this is one of the reasons, the numbers piss me off.  I have several more reasons but I'll stay on topic here.... 

where does it end?  LB's wearing single digits, or teen numbers? DE's wearing numbers in the 30's?  I DO NOT WANT THIS HAPPENING.  RB's should be in the 20's-40's and WR's should be in the 80's, I'm a stubborn jerk and that's what I like watching.  :lol:

680898[/snapback]

Offically WR/TE/QB/RB can wear 1-49 or 80-99. Lineman 50-79. Some additional restrictions are usually but in place by NCAA or NFL.

I, for one, HATE that they may let him wear #5.  I also totally HATE that WR's can wear numbers in the teens.  I don't really like college football and this is one of the reasons, the numbers piss me off.  I have several more reasons but I'll stay on topic here.... 

where does it end?  LB's wearing single digits, or teen numbers? DE's wearing numbers in the 30's?  I DO NOT WANT THIS HAPPENING.  RB's should be in the 20's-40's and WR's should be in the 80's, I'm a stubborn jerk and that's what I like watching.  :lol:

680898[/snapback]

I agree that WR's should wear numbers in the 80's, but on a bunch of teams, ther are more than 10 TE's/WR's and they run out of numbers. Hence the reason WR's are now allowed to wear numbers 11-19 as well as 80-89.

I hope they shut down bush from wearing number 5. You ar a damn RB, shut your mouth and wear number 20-40.

I guess I'm not a big fan, because I don't have every single player in the NFL memorized. I use the numbers to get a sense of who is doing what on the field.

I'd rather they didn't screw that up.

I guess I'm not a big fan, because I don't have every single player in the NFL memorized. I use the numbers to get a sense of who is doing what on the field.

I'd rather they didn't screw that up.

681035[/snapback]

I just look at where they are on the field to figure out what they are playing. So you are croutched over infront of the QB, you must be a linemen. Standing off to the side of the field at the LOS, must be a WR

where does it end?  LB's wearing single digits, or teen numbers? DE's wearing numbers in the 30's?  I DO NOT WANT THIS HAPPENING.  RB's should be in the 20's-40's and WR's should be in the 80's, I'm a stubborn jerk and that's what I like watching.  :D

680898[/snapback]

That's bad, but not as bad as hockey... NHL went down the crapper as soon as they let non-goaltenders wear numbers higher than 27. :P

I just look at where they are on the field to figure out what they are playing. So you are croutched over infront of the QB, you must be a linemen. Standing off to the side of the field at the LOS, must be a WR

681153[/snapback]

That works too. I was more referring to after they start running around doing football stuff.

I can't bring the ESPN.com page up right now but I read yesterday the NFL is likely to grant Bush's request to wear # 5. I wonder if this is going to have every RB in the league wanting to switch back to his college number? If I recall the NFL denied Edgerrin James request years ago to wear #5. But since WR's are allowed now to wear teen numbers I guess a precident has been set.

680815[/snapback]

who could possibly care about this?