brad butler = will wolford

i saw this guy a ton the past three years and he was a complete steal. i see him starting right away at rt or rg and possibly lt. he has a very short temper and the nastiness of a young kevin gogan. i am telling u right now he will get in about 3-4 fights in camp to claim his job. he will start for us for the next ten years. just going on what i saw. biggest strength is his run blocking and tremendous athleticism, weakness is sometimes his temperment and over extending and being to aggressive.

WORTH NOTING: Very underrated performer who is expected to be a three-year starter at right tackle ... has started the last 26 games at right tackle, the longest streak by a UVa right tackle in more than 20 years ...joins LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the only offensive linemen to start every game the last two seasons ... is still relatively young ...doesn't turn 22 until mid-September ...is the only player in school history to start three bowl games at right tackle and one of only nine offensive linemen to start as many as three bowl games.

HONORS: 2005--Received the Rock Weir Most Improved Player Award along with Jon Copper for spring practice ... received the Judge and Mrs. Harold H. Purcell Family Football Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation. 2004--Received the Judge and Mrs. Harold H. Purcell Family Football Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation. 2003--Received the Judge and Mrs. Harold H. Purcell Family Football Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation.

AT VIRGINIA: 2004--Started all 12 games at right tackle ...got bigger and stronger and was one of the keys to the most improved offense in the ACC ...very rarely comes out of games ... turned in an exceptional performance in the season's first game against Temple ... graded out at a career-high 93 percent with five knockdown blocks ...typically moved to left tackle when D'Brickashaw Ferguson wasn't on the field ...UVa led the ACC in rushing offense (242.8), total offense (423.4), first downs (264) and fewest sacks allowed (16) ... Virginia's 112.6-yard improvement in the rushing game was the second-best improvement in ACC history, as well as the second-best improvement in the nation behind Michigan State (141.1) ... lettered.

2003--Was one of two sophomores to bookend the offensive line ... started all 13 games at right tackle opposite classmate D'Brickashaw Ferguson at left tackle ... very rarely comes out of the game ... helped the offense increase its rushing and passing per game averages from the year before ... lettered.

2002--Gained valuable playing experience ... appeared in 12 games in a variety of roles ... served as the backup to Mike Mullins at right tackle, but was also listed at right guard due to injuries to Elton Brown and Ben Carber ... started the bowl game vs. West Virginia after Mullins was sidelined due to surgery ... made his debut on the field goal block team and right tackle against Florida State in the second week ...didn't play the next game vs. South Carolina but played in every game afterward ... moved to right guard prior to the N.C. State game as the team got thin at the position ... saw lots action at the position in the final three games and was well prepared for the bowl game.

:lol:

I really really doubt this. A bit of nastiness is a great feature in an OL player and is almost essential for someone duking it out in the trenches.

However, even if you want to see this as totally necessary it in no way is sufficent to make a player worthy of a starting job from day one on an NFL team.

Particularly when your claim is that he is gonna take over the position of a 10+ year vet like Villarial (who I think unfortunately is well into the backside of his career and by the end of the season will run out of gas) or a talent like Peters who has been so highly regarded by the position coach who will lead these decisions. it ain't gonna happen.

i saw this guy a ton the past three years and he was a complete steal. i see him starting right away at rt or rg and possibly lt. he has a very short temper and the nastiness of a young kevin gogan. i am telling u right now he will get in about 3-4 fights in camp to claim his job.  he will start for us for the next ten years. just going on what i saw.  biggest strength is his run blocking and tremendous athleticism, weakness is sometimes his temperment and over extending and being to aggressive.

WORTH NOTING: Very underrated performer who is expected to be a three-year starter at right tackle ... has started the last 26 games at right tackle, the longest streak by a UVa right tackle in more than 20 years ...joins LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson as the only offensive linemen to start every game the last two seasons ... is still relatively young ...doesn't turn 22 until mid-September ...is the only player in school history to start three bowl games at right tackle and one of only nine offensive linemen to start as many as three bowl games.

HONORS: 2005--Received the Rock Weir Most Improved Player Award along with Jon Copper for spring practice ... received the Judge and Mrs. Harold H. Purcell Family Football Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation. 2004--Received the Judge and Mrs. Harold H. Purcell Family Football Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation. 2003--Received the Judge and Mrs. Harold H. Purcell Family Football Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation.

AT VIRGINIA: 2004--Started all 12 games at right tackle ...got bigger and stronger and was one of the keys to the most improved offense in the ACC ...very rarely comes out of games ... turned in an exceptional performance in the season's first game against Temple ... graded out at a career-high 93 percent with five knockdown blocks ...typically moved to left tackle when D'Brickashaw Ferguson wasn't on the field ...UVa led the ACC in rushing offense (242.8), total offense (423.4), first downs (264) and fewest sacks allowed (16) ... Virginia's 112.6-yard improvement in the rushing game was the second-best improvement in ACC history, as well as the second-best improvement in the nation behind Michigan State (141.1) ... lettered.

2003--Was one of two sophomores to bookend the offensive line ... started all 13 games at right tackle opposite classmate D'Brickashaw Ferguson at left tackle ... very rarely comes out of the game ... helped the offense increase its rushing and passing per game averages from the year before ... lettered.

2002--Gained valuable playing experience ... appeared in 12 games in a variety of roles ... served as the backup to Mike Mullins at right tackle, but was also listed at right guard due to injuries to Elton Brown and Ben Carber ... started the bowl game vs. West Virginia after Mullins was sidelined due to surgery ... made his debut on the field goal block team and right tackle against Florida State in the second week ...didn't play the next game vs. South Carolina but played in every game afterward ... moved to right guard prior to the N.C. State game as the team got thin at the position ... saw lots action at the position in the final three games and was well prepared for the bowl game.

:lol:

680747[/snapback]

It is interesting that one report I read compared Butler favorably to Jon Runyon...Said they basically look like the same Player on the field, or something like that...

There is no question that there are certain OT's that IF they can learn to utilize proper technique, can excell in the NFL because they just flat out Play nasty and mean...Butler's going to have to be careful as a Young Player though, and it's going to come down to how Coachable he is ultimately. He comes in with a reputation and the Refs are going to aware...If he's able to improve his feet and technique, then Play nasty to the whistle, he certainly has a shot to be a Starting RT...

Guess we'll see... :P

I can see butler takeing the RT spot and Peters moveing over to LT...as for villerial, i think he gets cut depending on how well reyes is and which side they put him on..so you could see this line:

peters - gandy - fowler - reyes - butler

but since were not looking at a winning season next year(so say some), and we are in a rebuild we might as well have this line:

peters - reyes - fowler - merz - butler

gandy as backup G, OT and preston as backup G, C

where does pennington fit in tho..whos better?

guys gimme a break, you make it sound like he was a top 10 pick, if he was this good he would have been picked on day one, especially since he started all those games and scouts have had the chance to see him for 3 years.

he looked incredibly stiff to me and light, didnt have much power.

the only thing im saying is that last years offense sucked so its gotta change..you tell me who we put in there to change it other than who the bills picked up....if they got better players id put them in on OL instead..other than that the only change that has to happen is C cuz teague is gone...pi$$es me off they waited so long to address the OL but what can I do but try to figure out whos gonna be in from what they offer...if they dont plan on useing who they grabbed they shoulda just got 10 WR's

Guys.....if every 1st rounder panned out and every guy in the middle/later rounds did not then....

They wouldn't call the draft a crapshoot if that was the case.....

This guy reminds me of a player that is a backup this year but gets playing time because of an injury and does very well.....so they groom him as a starter next....

who knows....House Ballard was a 12th round selection. he turned out pretty good.

i don't know anything about Butler, but i hope he is a nasty prick in the form of Runyon or Turley.