how fast is willis mcgahee

im one of those who say the 40 doesnt really measure football speed you dont usually run 40 yds with no equipment in a game all im hoping for is with the new Offense they let him pound it and get him back to using that stiff arm somemore

it seemed like he didnt use it enought last season and id like to see some more of it again

680670[/snapback]

I`ll second that brother. :lol:

Guest dog14787
can someone please give me a specific forty time on willis mcgahee after his knee injury and a source!!!! no one really knows and it is bugging the sh-- out of me.  SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

680622[/snapback]

Faster than a speeding bullet :lol:

Guest dog14787
True stats right here and they look great.  I'm so happy we got him!

4.24 in the 40-yard dash … 3.69 in the 20-yard shuttle … 41-inch vertical jump … 10-foot-11 broad jump … 375-pound bench press.

680639[/snapback]

What a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he's all ours!!!! :lol:

40 yard dash times are irrelevant...they don't run in pads or with a football for that matter. He can't however be that fast...his longest run last year was 27 yards...I think only 2 starting running backs had shorter long runs last year. One being Lamont Jordan.

He's a tough runner though, that's for sure...he rarely gets knocked on his ass. I always see him falling forward. Hopefully next year he'll get a little space to make a move or two, which wasn't really the case last year. But that game in Seattle where Bledsoe faked the qb/center exchange and threw to Willis...he looked pretty damn fast. I bet he's tears it up next year.

Just put it this way, Vilma runs 4.55-4.6 and Willis left him in his dust the last game of the season on more than one occasion.

The fact is though, McGahee was 220-225lbs while playing before the injury. Mike Mularkey said a few times that Willis was playing in the 240s.

So, add the weight gain and the injury, and you have a significant loss in explosion. Im hoping Willis comes in at around 220, if he does he will gain some of that explosivness back that he had in Miami.

Edgerrin James is about the same height as McGahee, they both play the same style, but Willis is 30lbs heavy, atleast he was last year. McGahee needs to lose some bulk if he expects to be a big time RB.