Am I the only one who thinks this draft...

'

Wrong again, the point I was trying to make is that even IF you have a strong SS, if your Defensive line and backers SUCK your defense will suck on ice.

THAT IS THE GODDAMNED POINT. Quit telling me what my point is.

681718[/snapback]

So why did the Pats' defense suck last year? I can't wait to hear this one....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Emprical evidence shows that teams that draft linemen early and often generally become repeat playoff contenders.

681714[/snapback]

Care to show statistical proof of this empirical evidence?

'

Wrong again, the point I was trying to make is that even IF you have a strong SS, if your Defensive line and backers SUCK your defense will suck on ice.

681718[/snapback]

Joe, seriously, what do you think of kittens, or ice cream, or a beautiful sunshiny day. They friggin' suck, don't they.

So why did the Pats' defense suck last year?  I can't wait to hear this one....

681726[/snapback]

You're the one who said they sucked, not me.

They performed as well as our defense, DESPITE the fact that we had a healthy secondary. And they did it with nobodies. I wonder how....

You're the one who said they sucked, not me.

They performed as well as our defense, DESPITE the fact that we had a healthy secondary. And they did it with nobodies. I wonder how....

681730[/snapback]

26th in the league in total yards. 29th in defensive 3rd down %. 31st in pass defense.

They didn't suck?

Care to try again?

26th in the league in total yards.  29th in defensive 3rd down %.  31st in pass defense.

They didn't suck?

Care to try again?

681744[/snapback]

1) good enough to win the division.

2) good enough to win a playoff game.

good enough for you?

1) good enough to win the division.

2) good enough to win a playoff game.

good enough for you?

681749[/snapback]

Of course not. We're both too stubborn to back down at this point. The difference is, I'm right. :D

It's a shame you can't admit that the success or failure of a defense is not solely based upon the strength of the DL and LBs. NE's defense sucked last year -- the Pats survived only because of a weak division and their battle-tested players and coaches.

The key to a defense in my opinion is its' middle -- the DTs, the MLBs, and the safeties.

Through this year's FA period and the draft alone, Buffalo has addressed the present and future at DT (Tripplett, McCargo, Williams), SS (Whitner), and FS (Simpson).

This is a legitimate and reasonable plan of rebuilding a defense. We don't know how the players will perform, but to imply that the Bills don't have a plan or somehow committed a collossal mistake in this draft is ridiculous.

'

681718[/snapback]

But... didn't we draft a DT in round 1? A strong defensive line is the foundation of a good defense, but that doesn't mean you need to devote all resources to it to the exclusion of other defensive positions.

You're on much stronger ground IMO when you point out the continued neglect of the offensive line.

I get why we may have passed on Ngata (Previous knee injury) but I can't see us passing on Bunkley and then wasting a pick to trade up for an inferior McCargo.

Why not Ngata (Or Bunkley) at that pick and if you trade up you go and get C Mangold or TE Lewis or even OT Justice?

Any combination of those two is far superior than Whitner/McCargo in my opinion at least.

I love the the Youboty pick and can't believe he fell to the 3rd.  Its the other 3rd rounder that just kills me.  OG Max Jean-Jilles is there (He falls into the 4th) and we don't take him???

I LOVE the FS Ko Simpson pick but HATE the Kyle Williams pick.  HATE.

680516[/snapback]

We don't know until they suit up and play. It could turn out to be a good draft. However, I agree with the offensive line. I'm not sure why we waited until the fifth round to draft an offensive lineman.

Once again, I will ask the question that YOU have been managing to dodge. If the Bills lost Clements and McGee, do you think their numbers would even be NEAR what the Pats did having lost almost all their starting secondary? If you say yes, you're delusional.

681682[/snapback]

Dodge? this is the first time you ask. Nice try. :D

See, you tried to change the topic again. The whole discussion is about a good safety can make pass defense better and you brought up Clements and McGee. Did you watch any Bills game? Don't you know none of them plays safety? :angry: