if mcgahee loses weight

i'm being optimistic like every fan in the offseason but if mcgahee gets down to 220 by training camp, the weight he played at in college do u guys think he can get his unique explosion back? i was watching taking it to tempe a video from 2002 season of the miami hurricanes and he was so explosive and way smaller compared to now, especially in his legs. in the syracuse game it looked like he was 215-220. i think if mcgahee loses 15-20lbs and the o-line stays healthy and improves, shows some consistency, he could be a game breaker every week just like he was in college when he had a 40 yd play every game. i am not being bias but he was just as explosive as reggie bush in his last year at miami..the one play that sticks out is the screen play against the seminoles mid season that went 68 yds. two guys had angles by like 10-20 yards and mcgahee accelerated and blew by kyle hall and some other corner it was the sickest 20 yard explosion i have ever seen from a 220 lb back period and i have seen alot of rb's!! what do u guys think

I thought his playing weight in college was always about 228-235 lbs. Maybe the reason he looked so explosive was because it was prior him having one of the sickest knee injuries ever seen.

It's not as simple as him just losing the weight. He tore THREE ligaments in his knee. It takes years and sometimes never happens for RB's that tear ONE ligament to return to form in the NFL. Willis was thrown into the NFL basically needing to reinvent himself as a runner. He's not explosive anymore, not like the freak at the U, so he worked out like a mad man trying to become more of a power back. If Willis can return to the more balanced back he was in college the weight will come off. I just feel at this point we shouldn't be expecting this to happen, it could, but if he just ends up being a Duce Staley type we should be happy given the risk involved in drafting him.

I thought his playing weight in college was always about 228-235 lbs.  Maybe the reason he looked so explosive was because it was prior him having one of the sickest knee injuries ever seen.

680540[/snapback]

All I remember is that our dear departed strength and conditioning coach had Willis gain 10-15 pounds before last year...and some have said that had something to do with seeming slower last year...

mcgahee was never even close to 230 he weighed in at 223 at the combine and that was after 4 months of strength training and if u drink tons of water before u weigh in u can add 2-3 pounds. he was definetly between 215-220, i remember reading that mcgahee weighed in at 241 before the 2004 training camp. if someone gains 20 lbs they will slow down.

His big year will be his contract year which I believe is next yearI think. So if I'm right he will be good this year and balls to the walls next year.

Will the stiff arm return this year? I do agree with the comment about him being utilized on third downs now.

His big year will be his contract year which I believe is next yearI think. So if I'm right he will be good this year and balls to the walls next year.

Will the stiff arm return this year? I do agree with the comment about him being utilized on third downs now.

680664[/snapback]

No crap...NO MORE Choad Williams on third downs please!! Maybe the new regime will realize that he sucks.

Shaud Williams is from Alabama right? I think he was spotted up in a tree in Mobile Alabama......

Shaud Williams spotted in a tree!