ESPN PTI backs Marv and the draft

Where the guys from PTI bashing the hire or Marv Levy as GM?  I know Mike and Mike did but thought they did too.  Anybody hear PTI guy's reaction the Marv GM or Dick J hires??  Thanks!

A while back when Marv was hired they both felt he was a good choice for the GM, and a great football mind in general. Basically, they agreed that his age was not a factor, and he looked like he hadn't aged a day since retiring as coach.

A while back when Marv was hired they both felt he was a good choice for the GM, and a great football mind in general.  Basically, they agreed that his age was not a factor, and he looked like he hadn't aged a day since retiring as coach.

680480[/snapback]

Cool. Funny thing is he really does look old and especially tired yesterday which is understandable for sure. He is 80 and deserves a rest after UDFA's are signed.

Regardless, I love the class he brings to the organization and as much as I hated the Dick J hire when it happened (wanted Mike Sherman), he brings the same class. Let the assistants play bad cop a little and drive the guys and he can play the part of Marv and we are off to Super Bowls hopefully someday if a QB, another WR and the OL comes through... Yep, big ifs....

I was about to say, Mel didnt like the McCargo pick but gave us props for all the later selections we made.  Even the Whitner pick, Mel had him going at #16 in the first so its not like it was a huge jump as everyone made it out to be.

680374[/snapback]

But yet he still 'graded' us among the bottom 10 or so drafts of the day (C, his lowest grade given).

Cool.  Funny thing is he really does look old and especially tired yesterday which is understandable for sure.  He is 80 and deserves a rest after UDFA's are signed.

680506[/snapback]

When asked Late yesterday if he was tired Levy replied..."What?...I'm sorry... I dozed off and did not hear the question."

Same Ol' Marv... :doh:

If TD pulled the exact same draft, Mort would be creaming himself and calling TD, "daring"  :doh:  :P

680479[/snapback]

And 'darling'!

Mortenson and Golic were the two that were critcial....

So now, the logic is, if media types say it was a good draft, it means it was a good draft...if they say it was a bad draft, they are idiots?

680473[/snapback]

That's what I understand from reading this forum. :doh: