This Draft was designed to stop Tom Brady

Unlike most I do not see Clements leaving the Bills next year. What I do see is a secondary that (with 1 year of learning the system) will be murder to throw on. Fast as hell and not to mention ball hawks.

Our younger and faster DL will pressure the QB without blitzing!

The only weakness I see is out run defense. which wont be so bad but we will give up some bigger plays up the middle but that will not happen that often.

:)

Unlike most I do not see Clements leaving the Bills next year.  What I do see is a secondary that (with 1 year of learning the system) will be murder to throw on.  Fast as hell and not to mention ball hawks.

The only weakness I see is out run defense.  which wont be so bad but we will give up some bigger plays up the middle but that will not happen that often.

:doh:

680113[/snapback]

Well, they should have signed Kimo von Oelhoffen or any Denver DL if they wanted to stop Brady. :P

I had this conversation this morning... glad to see my office is bugged. :doh:

You have to beat the teams in your division if you want to reach the playoffs. If TB is the enemy than you need to address that situation. Now, I'm not sure the answer isn't more pressure from the front 4, but having guys that can cover can't hurt either.

I had this conversation this morning...  glad to see my office is bugged. :doh:

You have to beat the teams in your division if you want to reach the playoffs.  If TB is the enemy than you need to address that situation.  Now, I'm not sure the answer isn't more pressure from the front 4, but having guys that can cover can't hurt either.

680132[/snapback]

I concur. Beating the teams that comprise more than a third of your schedule every single year is one way to get into the playoffs and winning your division. I just don't think that our D-Line will be able to generate much pressure a la the Chicago Bears and get to the QB. Hopefully Anderson will improve on his performance from last year and we stay healthy in the trenches.

Unlike most I do not see Clements leaving the Bills next year.  What I do see is a secondary that (with 1 year of learning the system) will be murder to throw on.  Fast as hell and not to mention ball hawks.

The only weakness I see is out run defense.  which wont be so bad but we will give up some bigger plays up the middle but that will not happen that often.

680113[/snapback]

Well all I can say is, IF in fact that is the theory behind the DB's and DT's...FINALLY...Thank the Good Lord FINALLY...

The Bills are going nowhere as a Team until they can compete with The Pats...We all know what Town the AFC East Championship runs through...If the theory is to build a Pats Killer than so freaking be it...I'm on board... :P

680113[/snapback]

funny that this is exactly what Pat Kirwan said on Sirius NFL Radio this morning

The key will be if our system and faster players will finally be able to stop the RB and WR screens.

I swear, I am so sick of seeing NE screens go for 10+ yards play after friggin play!

The key will be if our system and faster players will finally be able to stop the RB and WR screens.

I swear, I am so sick of seeing NE screens go for 10+ yards play after friggin play!

680260[/snapback]

Amen to that.....and what makes it worse is that we seem to fug it up every time we try and run those plays ourselves :doh:

I had this conversation this morning...  glad to see my office is bugged. :P

You have to beat the teams in your division if you want to reach the playoffs.  If TB is the enemy than you need to address that situation.  Now, I'm not sure the answer isn't more pressure from the front 4, but having guys that can cover can't hurt either.

680132[/snapback]

Tom can get rattled if he has pressure, and if his receivers are well covered, then he either makes a high risk pass, throws the ball away, or takes a sack.

However, I wonder is the team to beat in 2 years is Miami. Which would mean facing a power running team. :lol:

Nay sayer!

680832[/snapback]

Soothsayer is more like it. Look....if you really think spending an entire draft on DBs is going to push us over the top, then more power to you. This draft was about 2007, because 2006 is going to be painful, of that I have no doubt. What is going to help us convert previous unconvertible 3rd and 1 situations?

What's going to provide the pass rush to stiop all those absurd 3rd and longs allowed?

Soothsayer is more like it. Look....if you really think spending an entire draft on DBs is going to push us over the top, then more power to you. This draft was about 2007, because 2006 is going to be painful, of that I have no doubt. What is going to help us convert previous unconvertible 3rd and 1 situations?

What's going to provide the pass rush to stiop all those absurd 3rd and longs allowed?

680860[/snapback]

Here is what I believe, we are a better team now then we were on Friday April 28th. Yes there a lot of holes on this team... a lot more then could be filled in one draft.

But Marv has signed new linemen, we have rebuilt the DL and now our secondary is younger and faster.

If marv had drafted Bunkley (sp?) and Clements leaves next year, people would be screaming at marv for not addressing Dbs in the 2006 draft.

If marv had drafted Bunkley (sp?) and Clements leaves next year, people would be screaming at marv for not addressing Dbs in the 2006 draft.

680879[/snapback]

I certainly wouldn't be. I wanted Clements gone THIS year regardless of who was left.

I'm of the opinion, and I think the successful teams in the league bear this out, that you can play virtually ANYBODY in the defensive backfield if you can get consistent pressure with the front four. That's something that the Bills haven't been able to do since Bruce Smith left town. Now, could these guys that marv's brought in make a difference? Maybe. Hopefully one of them can play the DE position opposite Schoebel, because Denney and Kelsay don't exactly strike fear into anyone's hearts.