Doug Flutie to retire?

Article on Yahoo Sports.

I know that every once in a while we get into a Flutie/RJ debate on this board (for those who are interested -- both of you -- I was firmly in Flutie's corner). This would be the end of an era if he is retiring.

Flutie says he would not play for anyone but the Patriots. Since his autistic son is now 14, he probably wants to spend more time with his family.

Mike

Sirius reported today that he will in fact retire.

He was not my favorite QB nor person, but it is a shame that he was blackballed by the NFL. He spent 9 seasons out of the league, and was certainly worthy of a job.

He provided Bills fans with some exciting moments and in that sense, I thank him and wish him well.

Sirius reported today that he will in fact retire.

He was not my favorite QB nor person, but it is a shame that he was blackballed by the NFL. He spent 9 seasons out of the league, and was certainly worthy of a job.

He provided Bills fans with some exciting moments and in that sense, I thank him and wish him well.

680013[/snapback]

Pretty much my exact sentiment, too.....He kept it interesting for us, no question. Pretty hard to forget that bootleg he pulled out of his arse in the Jax game. I wish him well too....

Pretty much my exact sentiment, too.....He kept it interesting for us, no question. Pretty hard to forget that bootleg he pulled out of his arse in the Jax game. I wish him well too....

680023[/snapback]

I was there!!! It was unreal!!!! Old ladies in the row behind me were kissing me on the cheek. People were getting knocked down, whereas the entire stadium erupted. That particular game goes a long way to describe what being a Bills Fan is about imo.

PS: Pat Williams saved the game with a HUGE sack.

680023[/snapback]

That was a great game to watch.

That was a great game to watch.

680052[/snapback]

Yeah it was....you gotta love it any time you can throw Coughlin into a tailspin, too :) That guy was FURIOUS after Flutie pulled that off.

I was there!!! It was unreal!!!! Old ladies in the row behind me were kissing me on the cheek. People were getting knocked down, whereas the entire stadium erupted. That particular game goes a long way to describe what being a Bills Fan is about imo.

680031[/snapback]

Man...been a while since we've had a moment.

Makes me think of Kelly hitting Andre for 20 somthing yards in the endzone on a fourth and three.

680031[/snapback]

LOL, wow, that must have been amazing :) There's nothing like a big play at the Ralph :lol:

Most of the games I've been to were from '86-'92, and with the exception of the Saints game (think that one was like '88 or so....the Saints had Dalton Hilliard at the time), most of the ones I went to were blowouts. I love the fact that I can always say that I saw Jim Kelly hit Andre Reed for a 50+ yd TD against the fish.....that was awesome. Of course, in '97 I went to the Vikes game and saw Todd Collins throw a BEAUTIFUL pass to Riemersma in the back corner of the endzone..... :)

That particular game goes a long way to describe what being a Bills Fan is about imo.

680031[/snapback]

I like to think the 'comeback' epitomizes what being a Bills fans 'used' to be like. IMHO, Fluite poignantly illustrates (and is a starting point to) what has gone wrong with being a Bills fan over the last decade or so.

Hopefully Marv will take us to the place that TD and Flutie removed us from.

I like to think the 'comeback' epitomizes what being a Bills fans 'used' to be like. IMHO, Fluite poignantly illustrates (and is a starting point to) what has gone wrong with being a Bills fan over the last decade or so.

680104[/snapback]

Maybe so Mark, but RWS was the place to be on that hot October afternoon. :)

Yeah it was....you gotta love it any time you can throw Coughlin into a tailspin, too :)  That guy was FURIOUS after Flutie pulled that off.

680058[/snapback]

Especially since he was telling his team to be prepared for it.

680104[/snapback]

I hear ya...that was also a once in a lifetime.

I don't think I'm the only one here that NEVER counted the Bills out (and that's not being a Homer, they were always the heart attack kids...) up until a few short years ago. Now, I'm more surprised when they win.

That's tough on a 35+ year fan. And once again, I'm not a lone ranger here.

Somewhere along the last few years the fire died. I think Marv may understand how to get that back, or at least try.

Having "fans" hopping up and down because the office didn't collect "shiny things" in the draft is maybe an outgrowth of that new mindset and frustration.

I'm not counting the ones who can't post from their 6th period biology class. Slam me, but outside of maybe one or two, they don't know shidt about football. Let alone the Bills.

Having "fans" hopping up and down because the office didn't collect "shiny things" in the draft is maybe an outgrowth of that new mindset and frustration.

680136[/snapback]

LOL!!!!!!!!!