Best Part of the Draft This Year

I'm sure that not *every* drafted player loves the team they were selected by, but it was incredibly refreshing that we didn't have to publicly witness any of these newly-minted millionaires pouting on stage because they went to a team that:

a) doesn't give him the best chance to win right way

b) isn't close to where his family lives

c) forces him to play in hot/cold/rainy weather

d) won't give him a chance to get as many promotional deals

e) forces him to deal with intense press scrutiny

f) hasn't given him a guaranteed starting position

e) etc, etc.

The higher-profile guys like Williams, Bush, and especially Lienart (who was given the best opportunity to act like an infant) seem to be genuinely grateful to be taken.

Eli Manning... take note.

True, although I think I recall reading that Ko Simpson is a little bummed that he has to play in the cold weather in Buffalo. But I think him being drafted trumps that.

I'm sure that not *every* drafted player loves the team they were selected by, but it was incredibly refreshing that we didn't have to publicly witness any of these newly-minted millionaires pouting on stage because they went to a team that:

a) doesn't give him the best chance to win right way

b) isn't close to where his family lives

c) forces him to play in hot/cold/rainy weather

d) won't give him a chance to get as many promotional deals

e) forces him to deal with intense press scrutiny

f)  hasn't given him a guaranteed starting position

e) etc, etc.

The higher-profile guys like Williams, Bush, and especially Lienart (who was given the best opportunity to act like an infant) seem to be genuinely grateful to be taken.

Eli Manning... take note.

679668[/snapback]

Matt Leinart looked like he was kicked in the balls after Vince got picked.

Eli will earn a Super Bowl ring before anyone currently on the Bills roster, and possibly before his brother. He's that good, and he can do what he wants.

679743[/snapback]

Having talent might mean that you can do what you want but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

I was amazd by the emotion pouring out by Vernon Davis...that was a nice moment

679736[/snapback]

That was nice to see, if he was crying cause he was genuinly excited that someone thought enough of him to draft him high in the first round, not that he had to go play in SF, LOL