People who are saying we should have drafted

And the star power Lienert brings would make Buffalo a viable destination for FA's. Who in thier right mind would come to Buffalo except for top dollar and a chance to start. That means we overpay for all FA's or they wouldn't be choosing Buffalo. Look at who was willing to come once Jimbo showed up.

Everyone here who thinks that Leinart is going to be a great NFL QB is off their rocker. First off, the comparison to Losman AND Nall is irrelevant. Only one of them is going to start so obviously he is going to have better numbers than one of them. Bad comparison. Second, Leinart is very different than Tom Brady. First off, Brady was never knocked for having a bad arm. Second Brady played at U of M. Ever been in Michigan during college football season. It is windy and cold folks. USC, however, where USC plays its game is 80 degrees and calm. Third, Tom Brady doesn't want to act and have other interests than his team and the Super Bowl. Leinart's heart isn't totally into football and that is not the type of player that anyone in the front office or any of the fans would want. Lastly, Leinart will do moderately well because Arizona will be in a climate that suits Leinart's weak arm, and it is weak (his longest completion last year through the air, not including YAC wasn't even fifty yards) and Arizona has been rebuilding for four years. If they aren't a playoff team with anyone a QB this year in a weak conference and division, it would be amazing. Stop the talk about Leinart. All this whining makes me sick. Besides, the Bills would have taken Cutler first. He's the better QB anyway. You want to have a discussion, talk about whether the guy we might have actually DRAFTED would have been better than what we have now.

And the star power Lienert brings would make Buffalo a viable destination for FA's. Who in thier right mind would come to Buffalo except for top dollar and a chance to start. That means we overpay for all FA's or they wouldn't be choosing Buffalo. Look at who was willing to come once Jimbo showed up.

683119[/snapback]

That's a common theory, and has yet to prove accurate over the 10 plus years I've been hearing it. :w00t:

I know exactly what I'm saying-With the 8th pick in the 2006 draft, the Buffalo Bills should have selected Matt Leinart. 

His arm strength is not any different than Tom Brady's, and the last time I looked, Brady is doing ok with the weather in NE.

I have only one question:  In 5 years who will be the best of these three QBs-Leinart, Losman, Nall?  My answer is Leinart, if you don't answer Leinart, then you can justify not drafting him. But if your answer is Leinart, the Bills should have drafted him because no matter what anyone says, your most important player is your quarterback. 

I base my judgement on Leinart on the one pattern I've found that pinpoints success in drafting QBs-if a QB would have been a 1st round pick in his jr year, stayed in school and maintained his 1st round status, his success rate is most likely 100%.  Look it up & find me a 1st round bust who qualifies-there aren't any! 

In the Q&A with Dwight Adams, he stated you build a team around the QB-I agree with Mr. Adams. 

The Bills should have drafted Matt Leinart.  Can you honestly say you believe, with great confidence that this team can be built around, JP Losman, Craig Nall or Kelly Holcomb?  I can't.  That's what I'm saying-and I know what I'm saying!

680340[/snapback]

Matt Leinart = Cade McNown