Diswasher Help?

Now that I think of it, given the youth of the unit, there are likely two - a cold circuit blending into a common manifold for energy savings.  So another place to look - a failure in the little chips and their wiring, that mediate the two flows. I'd guess the failure mode is no flow whatsoever. Dunno.

679900[/snapback]

Thank you all for the replies, but if i knew how to do any of that stuff, wouldn't call a repairman. I think the sponge suggestion is prolly my best bet :)

Thank you all for the replies, but if i knew how to do any of that stuff, wouldn't call a repairman. I think the sponge suggestion is prolly my best bet :)

679999[/snapback]

Well, whatever you do, don't call Sears unless you bought it there and have an absolute ironclad repair guarantee.

But I've never had a problem getting repair parts for things they sell, especially with their Craftsman or Kenmore branded products - but their service contractors are Gypsies...uh oh - somebody yesterday got called a racist jag*ff for mentionining chopsticks, and I got excoriated about Orientals in grocery lines last month, however the Irish are reliably bashable. So...their service contractors are white Irishmen. That's better! :)

Try this site

www.repairclinic.com/0088_9_1.asp

679632[/snapback]

Dude, site was very cool, fixed er myself this morning. Just called to cancel the repair guy.

My first guess is that the solenoid that opens the water valve is malfunctioning. I'll assume you have no other problems elsewhere with hot or cold supply flow. Perhaps the latch/door switch and electric circuit that allow activation of the solenoid is sending a false signal that the door is not properly secured, or something in that mechanism is faulty ???

Cincy, pretty on the money here. Really all I did was check all the electrical connections to the solenoid, one connector was a tad loose, tighten er, and poof water to the dishwasher.

Now when my wife says i spend to much time here, can say I just saved $100 by being here.

Thanks all

Dude, site was very cool, fixed er myself this morning. Just called to cancel the repair guy.

Cincy, pretty on the money here. Really all I did was check all the electrical connections to the solenoid, one connector was a tad loose, tighten er, and poof water to the dishwasher.

Now when my wife says i spend to much time here, can say I just saved $100 by being here.

Thanks all

681201[/snapback]

And you get the manly man satisfaction of fixing stuff.

Good deal. That calls for a beer, and a scratch.

Solenoid?  Those things hurt like hell.  Try some preparation H and sit in a warm bath.

679927[/snapback]

There are several versions of Preperation H. Read the label ingredients to get the original shark oil formulation.

Sad, isn't it... :P

And you get the manly man satisfaction of fixing stuff.

Good deal. That calls for a beer, and a scratch.

681209[/snapback]

Never really look for a reason for a sratch, other than it feels good :P Guess i could say the same bout a beer

Thanks all

681201[/snapback]

Cincy and I wouldn't mind splitting the $100.

:P