Can I just say about NBC's broadcast today

that I was extremely impressed with their presentation of the game today. I was really impressed with was Peter McNabb! I may have heard him before on Center Ice but he really shined today as the color commentator.

I usually don't care for Doc's commentary but today was different and I think it was because of McNabb. He was solid and made Doc a better caller.

Great job NBC and in HD made my day. Well the fact that Miller got the blank made it also. Great game boys!! Wrap this up in the next one.

By the way, what was with the crowd today? A bunch of nervous NANCY'S wearin skirts until about 5 minutes left!

Get over your fears, this team is going places and we need a crowd like we had at game 1 and 2 all the wat through the playoffs!!

I was very UNimpressed with their HD presentation. They need to go and watch the NHL on HDNet and see how they do it. HDNet has you feeling like you're sitting in the 3rd row behind the glass. You're right on top of the action. NBC had you sitting WAAAAYYYYY up high in the nosebleeds. It was a total waste of the technology.

What did you think of the crew outside of the angle?

I haven't seen an hd game involving Buf/Phil yet so I appreciated today.

Are you watching Comcast?

I do love HDNet games though, you're right they manage to bring a different perspectiveto the game.

What did you think of the crew outside of the angle?

I haven't seen an hd game involving Buf/Phil yet so I appreciated today.

Are you watching Comcast?

I do love HDNet games though, you're right they manage to bring a different perspectiveto the game.

679188[/snapback]

Oh yeah, I was totally thrilled to be able to see the game.....I don't know if you saw an earlier post of mine, but I had even called to see if I could order the game as a PPV event. They said I'd have to pay for the remainder of the Center Ice package, and I just didn't feel it was worth it for me. OLN wasn't carrying it, so I pretty much just gave up. But when Fezmid mentioned NBC I checked again, and sure enough there it was. And this is on Charter cable, which I think is owned by Comcast.....at least they used to be.

HDNet programming is in a different league, and I think if NBC is serious about the NHL package then they should present the games in a similar fashion. So while I definitely don't mean to complain in the sense that I was really glad to see the game, I just don't think there's any reason why they can't follow HDNets lead and make the experience that much better. I'm glad that you've seen the HDNet broadcast, cause you know what I'm talking about. I think a lot of people haven't had the chance yet, and when they do I think they'll know why I talk about it so much, lol. The NBC version today was an improvement in the picture quality, but when you do it right it enhances the experience as a whole.

I wasn't all that impressed. I actually like Emerick's voice as an announcer, but the color guy talked way too much, so he couldn't announce the action. At one point in the game, they were babbling on about how much the Canadian dollar is worth, instead of calling the action on the ice.

Oh, and Cammie Granato still doesn't have "it" to be a TV personality. I thought she was better yesterday than she was during the olympics, but she still wasn't very entertaining.

I do have to agree with you about Cammi. I could have done without her entirely.

She kind of spooks me qanyway since with that beak of hers she reminds of her bro! ;)

Oh yeah they were great.  The mentioned Forsberg 35 times in the first period and refered to "Craig Drury and Jay McKay"

Nice job boys.

679273[/snapback]

There's no way McNab made that error. He does color for Avs broadcasts and should be very familiar with Drury. I did hear McKay at some point (not sure who said it). It almost sounded like he was going to say McCabe and then quickly caught it.

The Canadian dollar thing was ridiculously annoying and pointless.

Oh yeah they were great.  The mentioned Forsberg 35 times in the first period and refered to "Craig Drury and Jay McKay"

Nice job boys.

679273[/snapback]

I also heard him pronounce Roy as if Derek was related to Patrick (Roo-ah). ;)

Funny I was going to post a topic on how sihtty I thought their broadcast was. The chick that was on the "ice" through out the game couldn't complete a sentence. The camera during game play wasn't in focus (fuzzy) and they were zoomed out to far. I thought it sucked majorly. Would've liked to watch OLN better.

I was happy all the way up to the point where they switched games with 6 and a half left in the third.

679643[/snapback]

same thing happend here, and i agree with you.