some thoughts

1. ML and DJ apparently are not very good poker players. That they didn't get better for Moulds made me wary. They telegraphed their intent not to play him, and ended up giving him away.

2. The first round draft choice may be very good. I just don't know. I do know tih Leinart and Cutler and Bunkley and Ngata available they should have been able to trade down. Even if they lost the guy there were some outstanding safety prospects on the board. That they managed to take a number 8 choice and turn it into at least a number 16 to 20 choice is telling.

3. I predicted McCargo to go late in the first round...most predicted him into the second. I think he's terrific, but I don't know that I would have traded to go up for him. He's in the second tier of defensive tackles and there were others if we didn't get him who have just as much promise.

4. All in all its DJ and ML's pick. I suspect they got the guys they wanted for the game they want to play. I think they could have gotten more by better negotiation, but I have a hunch they know what's what and we'll be pleasantly surprised in the fall.