Yahoo doesn't think the 1st 2 picks were a reach.

As per Dan Pompeii

At the 8th spot, he even thinks the Bills might select Whitner.  LOL!  Look who he thinks the Bears would takeat 26!    :lol:

678934[/snapback]

But....we reached....we're crapola....Marv is a dufus....ESPN said.... :angry:

You know, even if Marv took 'the trade down' everyone says was there, likely he would have netted a 3rd rounder.

If we assume he did this & picked a bust with it....all is square.

Youboty(3) was meant to go in the 1st

Simpson(4) was meant to go in the 2nd

Williams(5) was meant to go in the 3rd

What is wrong with everybody?

A draft is 7 rounds not just 1 &.....

A draft is not about who the media thinks is good. :lol:

But....we reached....we're crapola....Marv is a dufus....ESPN said.... :D

You know, even if Marv took 'the trade down' everyone says was there, likely he would have netted a 3rd rounder.

If we assume he did this & picked a bust with it....all is square.

Youboty(3) was meant to go in the 1st

Simpson(4) was meant to go in the 2nd

Williams(5) was meant to go in the 3rd

What is wrong with everybody?

A draft is 7 rounds not just 1 &.....

A draft is not about who the media thinks is good. ;)

679039[/snapback]

Actually, Kuyper said twice today that he really liked the Whitner pick at 8, all the while Mort was trying to diss the Bills.

I'm totally over it now. I'm convinced that my initial reaction to the pick was just of my own ignorance. I've read enough over the past 36 hrs to know that we have what many consider to be some pretty damn good players. Although I do think that someone like TD would have been able to milk more out of the draft than what Marv and Co. did, I think it's pretty much a moot point. The most important thing is that we've revamped our secondary, hedged our bets with regard to Nate, filled in our D-line with not only depth, but perhaps some good solid starters, and picked up what may be a nice crop of UDFAs.

All in all, a good weekend for the Bills. I can't wait to see what Fewell does with these guys!

I will say this now if we can't duplicate our #2 ranked D in a few years and keep the ranking up there for more than 1 year, then these players weren't worth it. We have the players and the scheme, it's up to them to produce.