The World Against Us

Following the board the last two days, you get the impression that to many posters, it's the world against them. Ralph doesn't know what he's doing, even though he is not drafting anybody, and that's killing us. Marv is a loser who doesn't have a clue; he's killing us. Modrak has been the source of all our problems for years. I never heard of this guy so he has to be a loser; what a waste of a pick. Etc. etc. etc.

Relax people, we drafted a tremendous amount of upside. Just because your draft guide hypes the players with the reps, frequently created by university PR offices, and because they received a lot of tv exposure, doesn't mean the ones without the headlines are losers.

How many fans that went crazy with joy when Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Heath Schuler and the like were drafted are still saying "what happened?"

Give the new regime a chance, don't be blinded by the glitz, and be thankful that our powers that be realize that our old, humbled defense needed a major overhaul.

I do believe that we would have gone more OL if there was much in the way of qualify to be had. I'd rather have what we got rather than Winston Justice's rap sheet.