Beer Emergency!!

ajzepp

Okay, I noticed I've got a few bottles of Samuel Adams light in the fridge. I could SWEAR it's only been a couple of months since I bought it, but on the label it says "For fresh brewery taste, purchase before the date" or something like that. It's got a little indicator that has the 'date' as like September of last year. Does beer keep at all if its' been in the fridge, or am I at risk for some skankage here??

I've got the Braves/Mets and Flyers/Sabres, both in HD.....tell me what to do here!!

Okay, I noticed I've got a few bottles of Samuel Adams light in the fridge. I could SWEAR it's only been a couple of months since I bought it, but on the label it says "For fresh brewery taste, purchase before the date" or something like that. It's got a little indicator that has the 'date' as like September of last year. Does beer keep at all if its' been in the fridge, or am I at risk for some skankage here?? 

I've got the Braves/Mets and Flyers/Sabres, both in HD.....tell me what to do here!!

678559[/snapback]

Try it.

if it's skunked, send the yotch out to get you more :)

Try it.

if it's skunked, send the yotch out to get you more :(

678562[/snapback]

lol....well that's the emergency.....can't buy beer in GA on a Sunday.....stupid Bible belt :)

If I try it and it's skanky, it may ruin me for the next six months or so....I'm weird like that! :huh:

drink it

if its skunked, just slam it down.  you won't get the skunked taste and the effects will be accelerated

678582[/snapback]

lol :)

I can tell it's not quite right, but it's still good :huh:

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

678588[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more.....assuming it's cold beer

678559[/snapback]

No such thing as bad beer, only "little less better" beer. Never had a bad beer in my life :lol:

No such thing as bad beer, only "little less better" beer. Never had a bad beer in my life :lol:

678656[/snapback]

:lol:

Only thing I really noticed was there was a bit more of an aftertaste......I've never felt there was a HUGE difference among the various lagers, but I do enjoy a Sam Adams, and typically there isn't much aftertaste at all.

678559[/snapback]

Keeping it in the fridge will prolong the shelf-life, but that long you will see issues with it. Over time, flavors will mellow and it will lose its carbonation. Another poster mentioned skunking. "Skunking" only happens when it is exposed to light. The light from the fridge could skunk it, if it is exposed long enough.

Let this be a lesson for you. Always check your beer supply before important events. ;)

Keeping it in the fridge will prolong the shelf-life, but that long you will see issues with it. Over time, flavors will mellow and it will lose its carbonation. Another poster mentioned skunking. "Skunking" only happens when it is exposed to light. The light from the fridge could skunk it, if it is exposed long enough.

Let this be a lesson for you. Always check your beer supply before important events.  ;)

679280[/snapback]

lol, yeah, something wasn't quite right with it, that's for sure. I'm definitely going to be more careful next time :D

lol, yeah, something wasn't quite right with it, that's for sure. I'm definitely going to be more careful next time  ;)

679586[/snapback]

I'm more than a little concerned about someone who has year old Sam Adams in their fridge. You don't drink enough, son.

I'm more than a little concerned about someone who has year old Sam Adams in their fridge. You don't drink enough, son.

679589[/snapback]

I would have to agree with that :) I've still got a list of stuff I want to try from when I started a 'drinking' thread a while back. Lots of awesome suggestions! I think 'my drink' has become the rum and coke, though I know that's not all that exciting. But I agree, I need to increase my frequency a tad :)

I would have to agree with that :)  I've still got a list of stuff I want to try from when I started a 'drinking' thread a while back. Lots of awesome suggestions!  I think 'my drink' has become the rum and coke, though I know that's not all that exciting. But I agree, I need to increase my frequency a tad :)

679627[/snapback]

Hey, no biggie there.

I always thought a shot of rum after a couple lines was...

Oh wait, that's not...

Never mind.

Hey, no biggie there.

I always thought a shot of rum after a couple lines was...

Oh wait, that's not...

Never mind.

679633[/snapback]

:)

I'd much rather be able to light up a little weed instead of having to resort to alcohol, but what can ya do??

Moreso than my wimpy rum and coke, though, I really like the Bacardi Limon stuff in some Squirt. That hits me a fair bit quicker than beer and if I'm thirsty I can put it down pretty quick. :)

Let this be a lesson for you. Always check your beer supply before important events.  :)

679280[/snapback]

...and always be sure to turn off the light in your fridge. :)

678559[/snapback]

Keeping a few beers in the fridge for a couple of months is alcohol abuse.