Draft reaches....analysis

CJPearl2

Can anyone guess who this first-round "reach" was:

"First Round Busts

(Player - Team) - I cant help but think that [player] will be one of those great college players that just cant transfer his production to the next level. Hes smallish for a [position] and falls back on his speed too often. His performance against [highly praised player] last fall may have been a sign of things to come. "

Anyone???

Here is a hint: he played college football in New York State.

"First Round Busts

(Player - Team) - I cant help but think that [player] will be one of those great college players that just cant transfer his production to the next level.  Hes smallish for a [position] and falls back on his speed too often.  His performance against [tighly praised player] last fall may have been a sign of things to come. "

Anyone???

678354[/snapback]

Dwight Freeney

Exactly.

Remember all the knocks Polian took with this pick? All the ESPN "experts" went crazy when they took him at 11.

Now, I'm not saying our Whitner or McCargo will be this good, BUT, it, again, goes to show what these experts (versus a scouting department) actually know.

"First Round Busts

(Player - Team) - I cant help but think that [player] will be one of those great college players that just cant transfer his production to the next level.  Hes smallish for a [position] and falls back on his speed too often.  His performance against [highly praised player] last fall may have been a sign of things to come. "

Anyone???

678354[/snapback]

i wish we had a "dwight freeny" on our team!

Exactly.

Remember all the knocks Polian took with this pick? All the ESPN "experts" went crazy when they took him at 11.

Now, I'm not saying our Whitner or McCargo will be this good, BUT, it, again, goes to show what these experts (versus a scouting department) actually know.

678371[/snapback]

But are the experts wrong anymore than the teams are? If San Diego didn't pick Leaf at 2, I bet everyone else would've been lining up to take him.

"First Round Busts

(Player - Team) - I cant help but think that [player] will be one of those great college players that just cant transfer his production to the next level.  Hes smallish for a [position] and falls back on his speed too often.  His performance against [highly praised player] last fall may have been a sign of things to come. "

Anyone???

678354[/snapback]

I also remember when he blasted the Colts for Taking Terv Alberts 5th overall. Nobody is right 100% of the time, but "the experts" do have a tendancy to be right more than the rest of us.