Bills are losers, will always be

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You suck.

Go root for the Cowboys then whiner.

God, I'm sick of this crap. I rarely ever call someone out, but I've had enough. See you guys in about three months...

677657[/snapback]

I have not been here that long...though i have been a faithful since the mid 80's.The amount of negativity...when..just maybe,we draft PLAYERS...look at 99% of the profiles.What the fuk did Jerry Gray do overall..We had great players..they were good..for a year..other teams caught on and the talent level dropped a bit...Then what? Send a 6 man blitz that could not get the QB..Over and over.Reminded me of Glanville w/the Falcons.I would think there would be just a bit of hope or pride that the man who put Buffalo on the football map.could perhaps have some football knowledge...I know it's a stretch..but still. :lol:

Forget the injury to Spikes and Edwards. Don't mind not having Sam Adams -- and forget the fact that Donahoe spent ONE draft pick on defense over a 3 year span.

I have not been here that long...though i have been a faithful since the mid 80's.The amount of negativity...when..just maybe,we draft PLAYERS...look at 99% of the profiles.What the fuk did Jerry Gray do overall..We had great players..they were good..for a year.

679061[/snapback]

Perhaps, but I think that good teams have the luxury to trade up and identify a particular players.

Bad teams (and the Bills are a bad team) need to maximize the value of their picks to improve the sum of the parts -- I just didn't feel we had that luxury, no matter how much activity we had in the free agent market.

In any case, who knows hopefully it works out.

But we added so many players in free agency I think Marv had the luxury to trade away a few players to get what he wanted

679054[/snapback]

de bills got things started with this thread, and i can only surmise that de is a glass-half-empty person. packaging the picks for mccargo was a strategy to upgrade the defense, the bills liked him and they got him. they clearly didn't want bunkley/ngata badly enough (and i can only envision jauron talking to the media is a few years if they took either one and they turned out bust----"Well, we consulted our scouting department, outsourced to national scouting services, and double-checked the mock drafts and fan opinions at TSW"), and that's pretty much that.

the dude who wrote that levy had no impact on the success of the super bowl years has zero credibility, and should be told that crack kills. intervention time.

Forget the injury to Spikes and Edwards.  Don't mind not having Sam Adams -- and forget the fact that Donahoe spent ONE draft pick on defense over a 3 year span.

679066[/snapback]

...and they did not adapt.No..adjustments were made..we still had some talent.Don't give me that line..We were outcoached since god knows when..Levy coached? Give the man the benefit of the doubt fer christsakes..he might have not drafted the players that made us something...but he made Buffalo a team.

This is irrelevant to Marv, who has my full support.

I am talking about the unnecesasry blame being placed on Jerry Gray after having a top 5 defense for 2 years and having ONE bad season.

...and they did not adapt.No..adjustments were made..we still had some talent.Don't give me that line..We were outcoached since god knows when..Levy coached? Give the man the benefit of the doubt fer christsakes..he might have not drafted the players that made us something...but he made Buffalo a team.

679074[/snapback]

All major writers who make this their living (Clayton, Banks, King, Kiper, etc) all have stated that the Bills reached for lower rated talent.

After watching the Bills approach (what approach?) yesterday, I am convinced that this team is/will be a perenial loser for the forseeable future. It really showed how the team has no sense of what is happening, or what their strategy should be.

First, to pick a Safety #8 when he was projected to go much lower was assanine, Not only could they have gotten a comparable player later in the draft, but they had teams clammoring to deal (Denver, Philly). The Bills sucks right now, They need players. period. To not make a deal doesnt make sense. Oh, and by the way, Levy picked up Bowens in FA. So now he goes out and picks up another player at the same position. Seems like someone who doesn't now what he is doing.

Second, trading picks just because you have a friendship with Chicago was another major mistake. Again, we need players. To lose draft picks again makes no sense. I could see if the guy was highly rated, but he was rated a 3rd, 4th round talent. Call me crazy buy I think Levy missed a MAJOR opportunity to upgrade this team yesterday.

I think losing the 2nd and 3rd round picks plus the loss of additional picks that were offered to trade down were HUGE tactical and strategic mistakes which the Bills may NEVER recover from..

The players the Bills drafted are not the point. They may actually be good. The point is you had a chance to make some major inroads to the talent base and you failed. Miserbly. Everyone I was with yesterday was in shock with what Levy did. Heck, even ESPN could not even say anything. They were all in shock.

The overall perspective is that the Bills could have had similar or the same players plus much, much more.

Terrible approach and a HUGE mistake. This team is argueably the worst in the league. With what Miami and the Jets are are doing plus NE being consistently better, the Bills had no shot and with the new rules for revenue sharing, they will start to fall further and further behind and will not even be relevant by the time the next CBA comes up. They will be the Pittsburgh Pirates or Kansas City Royals of the NFL.

Oh, and one final word. For Levy to even suggest that the QB position will be better is a joke. To even think that Greg Nall can start is beyond ridiculous.

Goos Luck Levy. You failed as a coach since anyone could have won with the talent the Bills had back then and you are even worse as a GM.

677633[/snapback]

who gives a steve trojan what espn thinks!!!!!!!! when was the last time one of theirs was drafting players and not analizing players....hymmmm td and buffalo fans know firsthand how that went...we got a "a" on our 2002 draft because we picked josh reed and mike williams and coy wire.....espn loved those picks....and one question for you...why are you even a bills fan?????to totally diss marv levy and say anyone could have coached those superbowl teams is a joke.....marv had to coach alot of big egos starting with my favorite player jim kelly.you sound like you are a "closet redskins/daniel snyder fan"...go bills in"06

This is irrelevant to Marv, who has my full support.

I am talking about the unnecesasry blame being placed on Jerry Gray after having a top 5 defense for 2 years and having ONE bad season.

679109[/snapback]

He had no answers...when push came to shove an the Blitz did not work..we looked silly...The Blitz is nice when it works...when you do not have the personel to make it work ....you adapt or change.We could not ..

DE Bills fan: Don't let the door hit you on the ass. You'll forever be an ass in my book. You're probably a young kid who gets his opinions from watching TD's buddy Mortensen and the other axe grinders on ESPN. Or worse, you're a grown man who gets his opinions from watching TD's buddy Mortensen and the other axe grinders on ESPN.

Nice.

The guy makes a reasonable argument and you have labeled him an ass.

DE Bills fan: Don't let the door hit you on the ass. You'll forever be an ass in my book. You're probably a young kid who gets his opinions from watching TD's buddy Mortensen and the other axe grinders on ESPN. Or worse, you're a grown man who gets his opinions from watching TD's buddy Mortensen and the other axe grinders on ESPN.

679158[/snapback]

Nice.

The guy makes a reasonable argument and you have labeled him an ass.

679227[/snapback]

To say the bills may never recover from this draft is a reasonable argument??? before any of the picks have even stepped into bufflo?? Give me a break, this guy(DE Bills) went over the top and was probably emotionally driven.

It seems like people are personally insulted when their beloved Bills are questioned.

The substance of his post was questioning the overall strategy of the draft.

To say the bills may never recover from this draft is a reasonable argument??? before any of the picks have even stepped into bufflo?? Give me a break, this guy(DE Bills) went over the top and was probably emotionally driven.

679232[/snapback]

It seems like people are personally insulted when their beloved Bills are questioned.

679233[/snapback]

Well that WAS pretty clear, yet he never used the word strategy. A slightly diffrent approach without the Strong negative personality of his post would have made the rest of this thread a bit more productive in the way of argument and discussion. It was(generally) a well thought out post and merited, but i feel has missed it's mark.

All major writers who make this their living (Clayton, Banks, King, Kiper, etc) all have stated that the Bills reached for lower rated talent.

After watching the Bills approach (what approach?) yesterday, I am convinced that this team is/will be a perenial loser for the forseeable future. It really showed how the team has no sense of what is happening, or what their strategy should be.

First, to pick a Safety #8 when he was projected to go much lower was assanine, Not only could they have gotten a comparable player later in the draft, but they had teams clammoring to deal (Denver, Philly). The Bills sucks right now, They need players. period. To not make a deal doesnt make sense. Oh, and by the way, Levy picked up Bowens in FA. So now he goes out and picks up another player at the same position. Seems like someone who doesn't now what he is doing.

Second, trading picks just because you have a friendship with Chicago was another major mistake. Again, we need players. To lose draft picks again makes no sense. I could see if the guy was highly rated, but he was rated a 3rd, 4th round talent. Call me crazy buy I think Levy missed a MAJOR opportunity to upgrade this team yesterday.

I think losing the 2nd and 3rd round picks plus the loss of additional picks that were offered to trade down were HUGE tactical and strategic mistakes which the Bills may NEVER recover from..

The players the Bills drafted are not the point. They may actually be good. The point is you had a chance to make some major inroads to the talent base and you failed. Miserbly. Everyone I was with yesterday was in shock with what Levy did. Heck, even ESPN could not even say anything. They were all in shock.

The overall perspective is that the Bills could have had similar or the same players plus much, much more.

Terrible approach and a HUGE mistake. This team is argueably the worst in the league. With what Miami and the Jets are are doing plus NE being consistently better, the Bills had no shot and with the new rules for revenue sharing, they will start to fall further and further behind and will not even be relevant by the time the next CBA comes up. They will be the Pittsburgh Pirates or Kansas City Royals of the NFL.

Oh, and one final word. For Levy to even suggest that the QB position will be better is a joke. To even think that Greg Nall can start is beyond ridiculous.

Goos Luck Levy. You failed as a coach since anyone could have won with the talent the Bills had back then and you are even worse as a GM.

677633[/snapback]

Wow we are all now stupider for havoing read this post. First off moron, if those !@#$s you referred to were really exceptional at grading talent they'd be in a front office somewhere. Secondly, their approach was to get defensive playmakers maybe because we had the 29th? ranked defense last year. We added depth at the O-line. Next, judging by your comments you were in the war room with marv and dick et al. I only deduce this because you state, as fact, the Bills traded with Chi-town because they have a friendship. That's laughable and would beat my child (only a joke i have no kids) if he said something that assinine. And it must have gotten real hectic in that war room with all those offers that came in for the number 8 pick. And you must, like a bunch of other !@#$s here, have a crystal ball by your monitor. You can see that D'Brick is going to dominate in this league, because what i saw on TV was Kamerion Wimbley absolutely destroying him on the edges. What has Miami done to get decidedly better? They traded that, highly touted (by you) 2nd round pick for a QB who may not play this entire season. And their dope smoking RB won't be playing this season, and they still have an o-line that resembles swiss cheese. And lastly, because draft grading by folks such as yourself and the ESPN "gurus" has really jumped the shark, it's Craig Nall, and he'll be backing up JP Losman, I just figured someone with such intimate knowledge of the Bills might actually know the !@#$ing names of the players.

677633[/snapback]

I want to respond to this badly, but it will be just a waste of time because uninformed people like you who needs someone to tell them what to think, will never understand it anyways. ;)

You are obviously not aware that Levy has long history of evaluating college prospects.  ;)

677780[/snapback]

Everyone in football has a "long history of evaluating college prospects". Hell Mel Kiper has made himself a millionaire doing it. It doesn't mean he does it well.

The idea behind the draft is to maximise the value of each draft pick. This Bills failed in this regard. It looks more and more like they drafted with the ability to sign players as the #1 priority. Which is not the way to go when both of your lines are garbage. With maybe the exception of Schoebel they don't have one quality player on either line. Great they will have a fast secondary. They will need them to run down the running backs who will walk through the Bills line like imigrants over the Rio Grande. :D

679233[/snapback]

Give me a break, Dawg. I think his post was no better than any of the other underinformed opinions about this draft. Look at the title: Bills losers, always will be. You call that a mature, reasonable post? It's the post of a child.

These whining posts are about two things: people spend time on mock draft boards and they become familiar with NAMES. When those NAMES don't become Bills, they get pissed and call a draft a bust. Then they listen to ESPN, which is REQUIRED by theme and tradition to have at least ONE team to bash...and this year it was the Donte Whitner pick.

You people are going to love the kid. Our safety play last year was HOOOORRID. They took advantage of our lack of speed and Milloy's problems in coverage. Now we have two young, extremely athletic and fast guys with great hands who will man the secondary for years.

You people are going to love the kid. Our safety play last year was HOOOORRID. They took advantage of our lack of speed and Milloy's problems in coverage. Now we have two young, extremely athletic and fast guys with great hands who will man the secondary for years.

679297[/snapback]

That are rookies. Who WILL get burned early and often and WILL cost the team games this year.

But hey, that's OK, it'll push us higher in next year's draft and perhaps we won't win any meaningless games late in the season next year. ;)

That are rookies. Who WILL get burned early and often and WILL cost the team games this year.

But hey, that's OK, it'll push us higher in next year's draft and perhaps we won't win any meaningless games late in the season next year. ;)

679301[/snapback]

This is just silly. You can say that about ANY team's players, and you could say this about ANY linemen. Rookie linemen tend to struggle more than rookie DBs. Like most people here, you would have been happy with Justice at 8 yet he slipped to middle 2nd. That's just one example of the FACT that nobody here knows which players are best for this system. Jauron and his coaches and Modrak and his scouts do.