OSU DB's mean Nate will play ONE YEAR

Marv has set himself up to succeed with the drafting of Youboty...and Whitner. He's got Nate locked in for a year, and if Youboty fails to produce, or isn't ready, he will negotiate a long term deal with Nate, and give Youboty time to grow. Look at McGee....very good DB, great return guy. He'll be corner number 2 for a while. Clements stays for a year, we've got 2 very good corners a talented rookie learning the ropes, and other capable backups.

It also puts pressure on Nate to negotiate with the front office. We're covered both ways now. If he stays, we're set. If he goes, we're set. We even have a trade option if some CB goes down on a playoff-bound team.

so, in 2007, we clearly have McGee-Youboty-Whitner all starting.  But what about FS?  Vincent will be very old by then, which means you're down to Baker/Greer/Leonard.  Maybe not our problem yet?

677587[/snapback]

I think Vincent still has a few years left in the tank...look at how long Rod Woodson played.

i agree, but you also should realize that it wasnt planned this way for a perfect scenario because nobody thought youboty would be there in the 3rd round. I dont know if that means anything, just thought i'd throw that in there.

so, in 2007, we clearly have McGee-Youboty-Whitner all starting.  But what about FS?  Vincent will be very old by then, which means you're down to Baker/Greer/Leonard.  Maybe not our problem yet?

677587[/snapback]

Nothing is clear man, what makes you think we don't lock up Clements long term despite these recently drafted db's? LOL that's funny you say that 12 hours after we drafted those guys.