Dwight Adams answered your questions...

SDS

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/articles/read...icle=1146402992

Lots to chew on in here.  Thanks for eveyone for submitting their questions.  It saved Mr. Adams for having to answer my lame ones!  :)

677498[/snapback]

So he went against his own system and drafted a safty first???

You can't get enough offensive linemen/defensive linemen or corners. You can get a RB, a WR, a safety later on.

So he went against his own system and drafted  a safty first???

You can't get enough offensive linemen/defensive linemen or corners. You can get a RB, a WR, a safety later on.

677510[/snapback]

Psssst... he is no longer with the Bills.

I've been exposed to a couple of "geniuses". They were the worst. Probably should be coaching a 7th grade team. I'm not being negative, just factual. People don't change, they just get older.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Don't let Mort hear you say that! :)

So he went against his own system and drafted  a safty first???

677510[/snapback]

Both of the defensive backs we selected yesterday are capable of playing corner.

I'm not sure I'd say you can always get a safety later on, since we've been without stellar safety play most of the time (Leonard Smith was the exception).

Bill Belichick constantly picks wide receivers on the first day. Tight ends too.

Both of the defensive backs we selected yesterday are capable of playing corner. 

I'm not sure I'd say you can always get a safety later on, since we've been without stellar safety play most of the time (Leonard Smith was the exception). 

Bill Belichick constantly picks wide receivers on the first day.  Tight ends too.

677571[/snapback]

I'd add Henry Jones to that exception.

Adams has always been a proponent of pass catching TEs. He was talking about scouting the basketball courts for TEs for a very long time.

Bill from NYC: Sir, would you PLEASE explain to me how a team that plays in the cold, in front of hard core, blue collar fans could have a bad offensive line for more than a decade? It is simply beyond me how we can trade up for shaky qbs, draft injured rbs, and tiny little receivers when our foundation is so embarrassingly weak.

Dwight Adams: When you start a NFL team, start with a QB

:)

Gee, I wonder who he could be talking about?  :lol:

He didn't mention Mike Mularkey either.  :lol:

677858[/snapback]

He wasn't here by the time Mularkey got here.

The only way Mularkey ever gets another head coaching job is if there's a fire while all the coaches are together in the film room, and he's the lone survivor.

He probably would be too, because he'd take the coward's way out while the rest of the guys burned-that's how he coached this team last December-only caring about himself.

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/articles/read...icle=1146402992

Lots to chew on in here.  Thanks for eveyone for submitting their questions.  It saved Mr. Adams for having to answer my lame ones!  :lol:

677498[/snapback]

An excellent read. Adams really sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. It's a shame Wilson didn't choose him to replace Butler.

Edit: TD's best draft was back in 2001, when Adams was still with the team. Maybe that's just a coincidence, but I feel it says something very positive about the talent evaluation skill Adams brought to the table.

Thank you to Dwight and the crew at TBD for doing this. I have always loved Dwight and miss listening to him talk football. This was the next best thing. I would love to see Dwight back with the Bills. He is a class act and knows football as well as anyone.

I would love to hear what Dwight thinks of the Bills draft this year if that is possible.

Thanks again Dwight. Best of luck to you and your family.

Thank you to Dwight and the crew at TBD for doing this.  I have always loved Dwight and miss listening to him talk football.  This was the next best thing. I would love to see Dwight back with the Bills.  He is a class act and knows football as well as anyone.

I would love to hear what Dwight thinks of the Bills draft this year if that is possible.

Thanks again Dwight.  Best of luck to you and your family.

678911[/snapback]

GG deserves the thanks here... (as well as those submitting questions).