Round 4 (#105) Selection: S Ko Simpson

SDS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said the D didn't need some help.  It absolutely does.  And it got some.  Almost all in the secondary mind you, but the draft has been very defensive oriented.

I was just wondering out loud if it makes sense to ignore the offense when the Bills need to rebuild both sides of the ball.  Maybe it does.  Or maybe it is next year's project.  I have no idea.

678009[/snapback]

Still, it would be a nice change of pace from the last decade of agony to have both an offense and a defense show up for the Bills in the same year. It's been a little frustrating to see top 5 defenses and bottom 5 offenses...

Go Marv. :)

Still, it would be a nice change of pace from the last decade of agony to have both an offense and a defense show up for the Bills in the same year.  It's been a little frustrating to see top 5 defenses and bottom 5 offenses...

Go Marv.  :)

678269[/snapback]

It's rare to see that in the salary cap era.

Only true genius franchises (NE, Pit, Phi, Indy) can manage to do it.

Folks who rant against him should at least be able to produce some support for why this is the case.

677891[/snapback]

Some kind of support? You want stats that say he was bad? There is more to being a S than simply nabbing a handful of INTs in a season and calling it a good season.

Vincent was late getting over consistently last year. Multiple times a game he'd arrive much too late to a sideline pattern or not be in position when a WR broke free over the middle. Milloy played poorly last year but at least he had the injury excuse. Vincent was supposed to be a guy that excelled in coverage as the FS spot but he reacts much too slowly to what's happening on the field (or perhaps he reads it too slowly but whatever it is he's out of position all the time).

So no, I can't give you cold hard stats that say, "look at this, he sucks" but if you watch the games you can consistently see that both safeties struggled last year.

Knocks against Vincent shouldn't be taken personally. He is a CB that failed to make the transition to S. It's not for everyone, and he didn't ask for it or want it. But they asked him to do it, he gave it a shot, and it didn't work out. Not his fault.

Now, I don't see why we would drop him. Don't need the money, and we have 3 rookie DB's that need some veteran help. Even if all these guys learn the D and Jauron decides to start them when the season starts, Vincent would AT WORST be a great Dime back, and excellent injury insurance.

Knocks against Vincent shouldn't be taken personally.  He is a CB that failed to make the transition to S.  It's not for everyone, and he didn't ask for it or want it.  But they asked him to do it, he gave it a shot, and it didn't work out.  Not his fault.

Now, I don't see why we would drop him.  Don't need the money, and we have 3 rookie DB's that need some veteran help.  Even if all these guys learn the D and Jauron decides to start them when the season starts, Vincent would AT WORST be a great Dime back, and excellent injury insurance.

678489[/snapback]

I think Vincent will be an excellent mentor.I'm kinda psyched about the prospect of Whitner and Simpson manning the safety spots...Never..have the Bills,had the athletic ability at those spots..never.Henry Jones was the closest.If they can keep Nate and groom these guys for a year..it could be lock down...yeah...i'm sick. :lol:

Great pick.  I went to USC many years ago, so I keep an eye on them.  Ko Simpson was their best player, I think.  He's a little crazy out there, needs to develop a little control.  But he brings huge enthusiasm.

677852[/snapback]

I love the pick! Do you have anymore info on Ko TC? Thanks!

Only true genius franchises (NE, Pit, Phi, Indy) can manage to do it.

678271[/snapback]

NE and Pit I agree...but indy?? Geniuses for keeping on drafting offense and rolling up numbers and then folding in the playoffs?

That is not genius.