Round 4 (#105) Selection: S Ko Simpson

SDS

I think it would be great if we started two rooks at safety this year and gave them the chance to develop before we're ready for a 'run'.

677785[/snapback]

I figure Vincent will be around for one more Year...

He can still Play Center Field on obvious Passing Downs. He still has the ability to capitalize on QB mistakes...That's about it though... :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure Vincent will be around for one more Year...

He can still Play Center Field on obvious Passing Downs. He still has the ability to capitalize on QB mistakes...That's about it though... :lol:

677814[/snapback]

With our front seven, how often are other teams going to be in 3rd and long?

If we keep Vincent for this, he's going to be well rested, I should think.

Overall: Athletic and talented, Ko Simpson is an active ball-hawk with considerable upside. He may not be ready to start immediately in the NFL due to his lack of bulk and mediocre tackling, but his range and playmaking ability could easily upgrade a team's pass defense. Historically, Simpson grades out as a third round pick, but will likely leave the board in the second round, possibly even the late first.

Reminds you of: Ed Reed, SS, Baltimore Ravens

:lol:

With our front seven, how often are other teams going to be in 3rd and long?

If we keep Vincent for this, he's going to be well rested, I should think.

677827[/snapback]

Well...I'm sure it will happen at least once or twice a Game... :lol:

Still don't see how The Bills are going to put consistant Pressure on the QB...They Need Pass Rush in the worst way... :lol:

Great pick.  I went to USC many years ago, so I keep an eye on them.  Ko Simpson was their best player, I think.  He's a little crazy out there, needs to develop a little control.  But he brings huge enthusiasm.

677852[/snapback]

Is he like the crazy safety we had one year--the one that did a ton of late hits and got busted for steroids. From WVU, I think? Matt something?

I hope Vincent is a goner. He has really stunk it up the last few years if you ask me.

677761[/snapback]

I think the whole D stunk last year, but would not identify TV as a particular problem which caused this. If you are looking for some though beyond the fact-free opinions of us fans, he tied for the team lead in both INTs (5 with McGee) and also tied for the lead in fumble recoveries (a paltry 2 tied for the team lead).

Folks who rant against him should at least be able to produce some support for why this is the case. it ain't contract reasons as Milloy was cut rather than him because my understanding is the cap savings from cutting him are relatively small compared to the multi-millions saved by cutting Milloy.

I can see complaints about his play last year mostly to the extent that in the Gray zone-blitz the safeties are relatively interchangeable in terms of duties and though TV seemed to like throwing his body around he was more of a cover guy than run support guy as Milloy was.

The good thing for him with the cover 2 is that now our safeties will be cast in a centerfielder role dividing the field to back up press covering CBs. This diagnosis role has probably extended TVs career a year or two unless he really hits the wall covering field. he is on the baqckside of his career and has definitely lost a step but lost it from a CB speed base.

Is anybody worried by the fact MarvDick seems to be ignoring the offense entirely?

677863[/snapback]

Their philosphy towards the offense is to get guys who have some experience to come in and play as based on their FA moves.

Well...I'm sure it will happen at least once or twice a Game... :lol:

Still don't see how The Bills are going to put consistant Pressure on the QB...They Need Pass Rush in the worst way... :lol:

677840[/snapback]

These speedy DBs will be blitzing from all over the field.

That's why you need safeties that can cover.

Their philosphy towards the offense is to get guys who have some experience to come in and play as based on their FA moves.

677899[/snapback]

What moves? The stable full of midget receivers, a part-time starting C, and a 3rd string QB?

--> I forgot Reyes. Suddenly everything looks better. :lol:

Hate to be the bearer of a bad newsflash here, but the Bills offense sucked the long one last year.

Edited by WillisIsAGod

What moves?  The stable full of midget receivers, a part-time starting C, and a 3rd string QB?

Hate to be the bearer of a bad newsflash here, but the Bills offense sucked the long one last year.

677934[/snapback]

Our offense sucked last year?!? No sh-t Sherlock :lol:

All I am doing is repeating their philosphy towards the offense. They are apparently sticking to it. Since these players have yet to play for us this year, I have no idea how it will work out.

What moves?  The stable full of midget receivers, a part-time starting C, and a 3rd string QB?

677934[/snapback]

Hate to be an equal bearer of bad news, but the defense wasn't all that good either last year. Stop looking at this offseason as a quick fix. More likely, this is part 1 of a 2-part rebuilding project. And it was simply the D's turn to get some young talent. Look at who we drafted on D in the past 2 years:

2004: Tim Anderson

2005: Eric King

That's all :lol: . Plus, remember that we haven't drafted a defensive player in the first round since 2001. And since that year, this is all we've drafted on D in the first 2 rounds:

2002: Ryan Denney

2003: Chris Kelsay

Now contrast that with the O:

2002: Labia Williams

2002: Josh Reed

2003: Willis McGahee

2004: Lee Evans

2004: JP Losman

2005: Roscoe Parrish

I'm with you that the offense isn't good, and that it needs to be addressed. But I anticipate next offseason as being the time to do so.

And in all honesty, some improvements have already been made. But I think that way because I happen to like Andre Davis, Fowler, and Reyes (at LG). I guess we'll see how that plays out in the preseason.

Hate to be an equal bearer of bad news, but the defense wasn't all that good either last year. Stop looking at this offseason as a quick fix. More likely, this is part 1 of a 2-part rebuilding project. And it was simply the D's turn to get some young talent.

677981[/snapback]

I never said the D didn't need some help. It absolutely does. And it got some. Almost all in the secondary mind you, but the draft has been very defensive oriented.

I was just wondering out loud if it makes sense to ignore the offense when the Bills need to rebuild both sides of the ball. Maybe it does. Or maybe it is next year's project. I have no idea.

I guess our new DC wasn't too impressed with the safety play from last year

677735[/snapback]

Well, the Bills defense wasn't killed by running plays on 3 and long last season now were they?