Whitner might not be as bad of a pick as we

#1-This is a rebuilding firstly and we always have next year to pick a DT or get one that has be released in next years offeseason. So don't give you hopes up. :)

#2-Whitner can play both Strong Safety AND Cornerback. That's pretty good consider a Strong Safety, is not that fast to play Cb.

#3-He's young at his position. :P He'll be good with a little more time. I see him be an all star player, for this team, in 2 years.

#4-Safety, was one of the 3, key positions we needed to address this year.

#5-He will have a good mentor, named Troy Vincent. Listen, Vincent has played both CB and Free Safety in his career. Guess who plays CB and Strong Safety, Damon Whitner. A perfect choice. NICE MARV! :devil:

#6-Hard-hitting playmaker. Scouts are saying he will be, the starter, at strong safety.

#7-Patience. Give this kid some time. Could be another John Lynch?

(The only negative with Whitner is not bulked up. But that not a problem. A month in the weight room will surely change that.) ;)

Guest dog14787
#1-This is a rebuilding firstly and we always have next year to pick a DT or get one that has be released in next years offeseason.  So don't give you hopes up. :devil:

#2-Whitner can play both Strong Safety AND Cornerback.  That's pretty good consider a Strong Safety, is not that fast to play Cb.

#3-He's young at his position. :D He'll be good with a little more time.  I see him be an all star player, for this team, in 2 years.

#4-Safety, was one of the 3, key positions we needed to address this year.

#5-He will have a good mentor, named Troy Vincent.  Listen, Vincent has played both CB and Free Safety in his career.  Guess who plays CB and Strong Safety, Damon Whitner.  A perfect choice.  NICE MARV! ;)

#6-Hard-hitting playmaker.  Scouts are saying he will be, the starter, at strong safety.

#7-Patience.  Give this kid some time.  Could be another John Lynch?

(The only negative with Whitner is not bulked up.  But that not a problem.  A month in the weight room will surely change that.) :P

677253[/snapback]

Your right !!

Levy's picks on the first day of the draft I'm sure had everyone scratching there heads but I'll bet Whitner has something special that caught Levy's attention.

Probably brains and character.

We all know who I wanted :(

Moving up for another 1st rounder caught me by surprise!!!

lol, I didn't expect Levy to do anything flashy and as expected , he didn't.

Given time, I think everyone will be happy when they see Levy's picks pan out.

We could have grabbed Leinart just because he was available :)

I think he is going to be good coming out the gate.....

but he will also get better every year........

but why stop there....you could say that about every pick we took today....

Dante.....instant SS starter

McCargo......like Dante young with much upside....but with enough talent to play immediately....the bills will be smart and rotate him till he gets more experience.....but we now have a solid rotation in Tripplett, McCargo, and Anderson (I would like to see a veteran run stopper in here somewhere as well...but we still have June 1st cuts)

Getting Yobooty was a huge steal that late as he carried a 1st round grade....another fast, hard hitting, good sized corner from Ohio State....sadly he will end up being Nates replacement so we wont be able to pair them for long.....BUT...it also means we might have no drop off as their playing styles are similar.....

All in all...a good day....could we have taken advantage of the Lienart situation for more picks? I am not sure that depends if one of those teams after us was going to take dante....which the bills wanted badly......if there WAS somebody waiting for him to fall to him then the bills made NO mistakes today

Getting Yobooty was a huge steal that late as he carried a 1st round grade....another fast, hard hitting, good sized corner from Ohio State....sadly he will end up being Nates replacement so we wont be able to pair them for long.....BUT...it also means we might have no drop off as their playing styles are similar.....

677317[/snapback]

Youboty is more similar to chris gamble then nate clements, but you can never go wrong with OSU Defenders.

Getting Yobooty was a huge steal that late as he carried a 1st round grade....

677317[/snapback]

If you're going to tout the 3rd round pick as a "steal" because he had a "1st round grade" then you have to criticize the first two picks as huge reaches. It's called consistency. You can't say that the draftnicks don't know what they're talking about for the first two guys and then turn around and use their grades to call the 3rd pick a "steal".

Guest dog14787
What happened to McGee?

677437[/snapback]

Luckily nothing, and if were smart, nothing ever will.

We won't let go of Mcgee so don't worry, be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Levy has done a great job so far drafting(I have to admit,the 1st pick made me wonder if Levy had gone mad) but after watching the draft I see theres a method to his madness.

He may take character over being a great athlete, also If he has any indication the player he seeks doesn't want to be a Buffalo Bill or doesn't have the heart and determination to make it in the NFL. Levy will pass him up!!!

I'll bet Levy's picks,when comared to past drafts,will have a higher percentage of starters then previous drafts.

GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: