Why I think it's funny when the "pros"

Acantha

This has probably been brought up today at some point, but it's hard to keep up...

Let me start this by saying that in my opinion, the Bills reached twice today, and I was very dissapointed that we didn't trade down. But I, like many around here, fully admit that I know next to nothing when compared to the guys making decisons for this team. But for now my comments are for the pro's that are bashing us for our moves.

Lets look at Winston Justice as an example. If those "pros" had been drafting, Winston Justice would have been picked anywhere from 8 to around 20 (depending on who you are talking about). NFLDraftcoundown had him going to us at 8, Kiper had him going 19 to SD. Now, after the first day of the draft, we have PROVEN that these "pros" who are getting on the Bills for reaching, would have reached for Winston Justice. Again, it's now proven they would have reached if they were making the decision for those teams.

What isn't proven is where Whitner and McCargo would have been drafted if Buffalo didn't get them. Maybe they reached, maybe not. But right now we all know that Kiper and Scott Wright would have blown their drafts by reaching for talent.

Now, the argument about what positions we took is a whole other thing.

Let me start this by saying that in my opinion, the Bills reached twice today, and I was very dissapointed that we didn't trade down. . . . Now, after the first day of the draft, we have PROVEN that these "pros" who are getting on the Bills for reaching, would have reached for Winston Justice.  . . . But right now we all know that Kiper and Scott Wright would have blown their drafts by reaching for talent.

So those two guys would have "blown" their drafts by reaching for Winston Justice? An interesting point, coming from someone who has the Bills taking Justice #8 in the mock draft in his sig! :)

So those two guys would have "blown" their drafts because of reaching for Winston Justice?  An interesting point, coming from someone who has the Bills taking Justice #8 in the mock draft in his sig! :)

677247[/snapback]

And as I said, I know nothing compared to the guys making the picks.

And if we blew our drafts based on reaching for Whitner, then they would have done the same reaching for Justice.