I like the players we got today!

Pete

Heres a good C still available-

Greg Eslinger

C, Minnesota

War Room analysis

Strengths: Displays good athleticism. Has good height and outstanding technique. Uses hands well to maintain separation from defenders, shows nice footwork and plays with good leverage. Shows a great first step after the snap and takes great angles to defenders. Reaches linebackers and hits targets. Shows terrific awareness as a zone blocker. Shows above-average range and blitz/stunt awareness in pass protection. Is smart and understands how offenses work. Makes great line calls and helps players around him.

677162[/snapback]

yea, i agree eslinger is a possibility, but i think they'll go tackle or guard with the next pick. i've just gotten the feeling that they really think fowler is a starting caliber center-and that's all it really comes down to on day 2, right? whatever the feeling is in the war room. there's just not enough physically to separate these guys from one another, so they will go with the position/player they feel most strongly about....so my guess is kevin boothe from cornell...but eslinger, or gilles, or jonathan scott would all be great picks in the 4th round. if they pick another defensive player.....i guess i'd have to start to question this new regime. they've done a great job picking immediate contributors so far, but the ol has to be the next area to be addressed, right?

Why couldn't Triplett be the 1-tech starter?

677182[/snapback]

His best asset, like McCargo's, is pass-rushing, not run-stopping. I love the strategy, constant, fresh inside pressure throughout the game... too bad we couldn't get Pickett though for 1-tech.

His best asset, like McCargo's, is pass-rushing, not run-stopping. I love the strategy, constant, fresh inside pressure throughout the game... too bad we couldn't get Pickett though for 1-tech.

677206[/snapback]

i think the focus right now is improving on third down. triplett and mccargo with schobel/kelsay is much better. especially considering that our first rounder will be covering the slot man, allowing our defense a lot more flexibilty in every situation. mccargo/triplett will generate a lot of pressure on passing downs that we didnt have before.....that leads to punts and turnovers, which are the hallmark of great defenses.

677206[/snapback]

I finally got to listen to the interviews, and I don't think it's as simple as this. I'm betting on 3rd downs we see McCargo and Tripplett in there together, and they will be splitting time the rest of the way.

It seems they still need another DT (Watson anyone?), but I don't think McCargo is going to be a "backup" by any means. I can see him in for at least half the plays.

I finally got to listen to the interviews, and I don't think it's as simple as this.  I'm betting on 3rd downs we see McCargo and Tripplett in there together, and they will be splitting time the rest of the way.

It seems they still need another DT (Watson anyone?), but I don't think McCargo is going to be a "backup" by any means.  I can see him in for at least half the plays.

677228[/snapback]

Looks that way, that's what Jauron said (see post 20 of this thread).

So 3rd-and-long from a DL perspective looks pretty good, but 3rd-and-short looks to be just as bad as last year... I hope you're right about that other DT that can put Anderson in the bottom half of the rotation.

yeah so do i.....when i got home 2night(yes i missed the draft) i read who we got and did a quick wtf?????......then i hit nfl.com and saw who we didnt take and how michael huff went 1 pick ahead of us........saw that we passed on n'gata and bunkley and justice....scratched my head.....clicked on all the player bios we picked up...checked who new england got..............let it all soak in..........we did pretty ok ........i never care anymore when we dont get the rated players the experts say are supposed to get drafted...hafta admit when i heard lee evans get drafted 2 seasons ago i was like lee who????? now i love him.....so i hear our 1st pick works out with london fletcher...and is a film junkie....sounds like a good 1st pick for our cover two!!!!we get a dt that will be in rotation anyway and a cb who fell to round 3..........everybody is going nuts cause now the jets drafted two kids to be on their o-line that yes down the line can be great but now they will also have two rookies on their line........so lets see if a 3rd year player in chris kelsey hasnt learned any tricks yet to beat a rookie left tackle..ha ha go bills on day two of the draft and go bills in"06