Gabe Watson

"lead balloon" syndrom?

what happened to this guy? wasn't he supposed to go in the late 1st round to early 1st?

i absolutely love how every mock draft "expert" has absolutely no freakin' clue.

"lead balloon" syndrom?

what happened to this guy?  wasn't he supposed to go in the late 1st round to early 1st?

i absolutely love how every mock draft "expert" has absolutely no freakin' clue.

676716[/snapback]

Unless I'm mistaken it looks like Max Jean-Gilles (G- UGA) hasn't been drafted yet. I believe he was projected late 1st/early 2nd.

if we took eric winston in the 2nd, bunk in the 1st, and gilles and watson in the 3rd everone (including me) would have thought we got great value and solid guys but would have been wrong by a country mile.

for this reason, i don't freak out over our picks, but just try to learn more about them.

what i have found is that all 3 are impact players, not workout guys who shot up, potential guys who MIGHT become great, or big program guys with character problems who would be great if the just straightned out.

i'll take who marv levy thinks is a good football player all day

"lead balloon" syndrom?

what happened to this guy?  wasn't he supposed to go in the late 1st round to early 1st?

676716[/snapback]

Not at all surprising to me. The guy gives NO EFFORT whatsoever. He got benched in favor of a sophomore this past year. Teams know Watson needs an incentive to play to his ability, and paying him early round money would have been a guaranteed bust. Situation is very simialar to that of Pat Williams at Texas A&M. Very talented, but needs to learn the hard way if he has any chance of reaching his potential. However, his potential is HUGE. Best combination of size/skill of all the DT's, IMO, but completely devoid of motor.

if we took eric winston in the 2nd, bunk in the 1st, and gilles and watson in the 3rd everone (including me) would have thought we got great value and solid guys but would have been wrong by a country mile.

for this reason, i don't freak out over our picks, but just try to learn more about them.

what i have found is that all 3 are impact players, not workout guys who shot up, potential guys who MIGHT become great, or big program guys with character problems who would be great if the just straightned out.

i'll take who marv levy thinks is a good football player all day

676759[/snapback]

this is the best draft post yet

Not at all surprising to me.  The guy gives NO EFFORT whatsoever.  He got benched in favor of a sophomore this past year.  Teams know Watson needs an incentive to play to his ability, and paying him early round money would have been a guaranteed bust.  Situation is very simialar to that of Pat Williams at Texas A&M.  Very talented, but needs to learn the hard way if he has any chance of reaching his potential.   However, his potential is HUGE.  Best combination of size/skill of all the DT's, IMO, but completely devoid of motor.

677681[/snapback]

Agreed...

Watson could be a special Player...As a Michigan Fan I'm hoping this is a wake-up call for Watson cause he's a good Kid...I just wonder why it's so tough for him to give a consistant effort on The Field and in his workouts off The Field...

Getting benched in your Sr. Year NEVER helps a potential 1st Day Pick...The comparison to Fat Pat is dead on... :lol:

Michigan hasn't had a player drafted yet...when's the last time that's happened, I wonder?

676736[/snapback]

Add that to Ohio State's banner 'Day One' and Michigan fans must be curled up in the fetal position in a corner somewhere. Gotta love rivalries.