Over/Under on amount of $$$ Leinart lost

Leinart most certainly would've gone #1 to the Niners last year. Now he's #10 to Arizona. How much money do you think he lost?

Over/Under $10 million?

On the flip side, how many daddy's girls did he deflower his senior year in LA?

Over/Under 26

But look at it from another perspective.  Instead of playing for a team with NOTHING (SF) he gets to play for a team with a lot of talent on offense and a new stadium.

675977[/snapback]

Very true. Like Roehtlisberger, that's the benefit of dropping in the draft. You can fit into a decent team, rather than being the 'savior' on a 3-13 squad.

He's lost WAY more than $10M!  He lost out on a full year of NFL pay as the #1 overall pick, and he lost out on becoming the #1 pick.  I'd say he lost $20M at least.  I hope taking ballroom dancing and losing in the national title game was worth it. :o

675993[/snapback]

Bingo, I'd say at least 20M in GUARANTEED money. And, he coulda bagged just as many chicks in San Fran as he did in LA :D

I remember reading somewhere that he took out an insurance policy that guaranteed him X amount of dollars should he get hurt / and or slide out of the top 7 in the draft this year.

So, I think he gets to collect on that policy now, so no harm done.

The more important question being how much were the Bills screwed by him not coming out last year?

The logic being, if Leinart had come out last year, he could not have fallen so much this year, which means that with Cutler being the only quarterback available at the time Buffalo picked, how much higher would the demand have been for a team like Denver to draft Cutler?

In other words because of the availability of grade A prospects at the quarterback position at that point in the draft, who thought that they could trade up for less with another team besides the Bills, and still get their hands on a quality QB prospect?

Had Leinart come out last year, Buffalo would have been more than likely able to trade down and still get the guys that they wanted, and keep the picks that they traded for McCargo, and trade the picks they would have acquired through trade with a team like the Broncos, Eagles, or Rams.