Whitner-not a shock to all

obie_wan

Mayock's mock draft

By Mike Mayock

Special to NFL.com

(April 28, 2006) -- NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock has put together his mock draft:

1. Houston: Reggie Bush, RB, USC

2. New Orleans: Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State

3. Tennessee: Vince Young, QB, Texas

4. N.Y. Jets: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

5. Green Bay: A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State

6. San Francisco: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland

7. Oakland: Michael Huff, S, Texas

8. Buffalo: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State

9. Detroit: Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State

10. Arizona: Matt Leinart, QB, USC

11. St. Louis: Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt

12. Cleveland: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon

13. Baltimore: Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

14. Philadelphia: Nick Mangold, C, Ohio State

15. Denver: Chad Jackson, WR, Florida

16. Miami: Winston Justice, OT, USC

17. Minnesota: Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa

18. Dallas: Manny Lawson, LB, North Carolina State

19. San Diego: Tye Hill, CB, Clemson

20. Kansas City: Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State

21. New England: DeMeco Ryans, LB, Alabama

22. San Francisco: Johnathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina

23. Tampa Bay: Eric Winston, OT, Miami

24. Cincinnati: Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech

25. N.Y. Giants: Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee

26. Chicago: Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA

27. Carolina: DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis

28. Jacksonville: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College

29. N.Y. Jets: Kamerion Wimbley, DE, Florida State

30. Indianapolis: Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota

31. Seattle: Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno State

32. Pittsburgh: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State

Mike Mayock is by leaps and bounds the best thing about The NFL Network. He's studied, highly opinionated and thorough...

No surprise he gets some right...He's sharp as a tack... :o

675187[/snapback]

I totally agree. When I first began to watch him on the NFL Network I really liked his takes. I felt he was clearly better than Kiper, but I took a lot of heat for singing his praises. I didn't get to see him this year cause !@#$ING CHARTER CABLE PULLED THE NFL NETWORK!!!!! But I'm glad to see the guy was money.....the guy knows his stuff!!

I feel better about the pick knowing how he felt about it.....unless he just knew the Bills were going to pick him ahead of time, ;)

I totally agree. When I first began to watch him on the NFL Network I really liked his takes. I felt he was clearly better than Kiper, but I took a lot of heat for singing his praises. I didn't get to see him this year cause !@#$ING CHARTER CABLE PULLED THE NFL NETWORK!!!!!  But I'm glad to see the guy was money.....the guy knows his stuff!! 

I feel better about the pick knowing how he felt about it.....unless he just knew the Bills were going to pick him ahead of time,  ;)

675198[/snapback]

Maybe he did know...But it seems like Mayock spends most of his time evaluating the Talent and going with who he believes Teams should take, not what he hears...Similar to Kiper actually...I like both Kiper and Mayock...The info they give combined is excellent if you ask me... :o

Maybe he did know...But it seems like Mayock spends most of his time evaluating the Talent and going with who he believes Teams should take, not what he hears...Similar to Kiper actually...I like both Kiper and Mayock...The info they give combined is excellent if you ask me... ;)

675213[/snapback]

Agreed....I remember sitting here watching the friggin COMBINE coverage before the 2005 draft, lol. That's how much I liked this guy's takes. Granted, he's not the flashiest guy, but anyone who truly loves this game - and the DRAFT! - won't care about that. He knows his sheeaaat.

Agreed....I remember sitting here watching the friggin COMBINE coverage before the 2005 draft, lol. That's how much I liked this guy's takes. Granted, he's not the flashiest guy, but anyone who truly loves this game - and the DRAFT! - won't care about that. He knows his sheeaaat.

675229[/snapback]

He sure does...And the thing I really like is that Mayock rarely sugar coats anything...Even the Kids he likes he'll tell you exactly what they need to do in order to improve and compete on the NFL level...He's not the type of Scout who thinks many Players are a 100% sure thing...And I like that about his analysis... ;)