Spanking?

$450k for emotional damages?  $40k for medical expenses?  $1.2m punitive damages?  That'll get reduced on appeal.  As badly as that company's management needs to be taught a lesson (namely: that they're !@#$ing idiots), the award's excessive as hell. 

What I'm really wondering is: where is that lady's pride?  Whatever happend to simply saying "sh--, no, this is degrading and humiliating." and walking away, instead of allowing yourself to be the victim and suing over it? Have we really reached the state, as a society, where people can't even walk away from degrading treatment?  This is one lawsuit I feel secure saying would never have happened if the plaintiff had even a shred of self-respect to begin with.

679556[/snapback]

nope, we cant, because that would entail someone taking personal responsibility. Its much easier to let it happen and then blame someone else.

Orlando said she would eventually like to give speeches on sexual harassment.

"I am here to speak about sexual harrassment. It's important to know that if you're going to get sexual with me, don't harrass me with being inept. When you're going to spank me, spank me hard and pull my hair, or don't spank me at all. This concludes everything I know about sexual harrassment."

$40,000 for future medical costs?

I had to sit through some PC and Sexual Harrasment training videos one place I worked. \

676057[/snapback]

I'm doing that later today. Good times!

And how stupid were they?

681669[/snapback]

Got busy...trying to turf it to tomorrow. It was supposed to have been done last week...I am a violator!

They'll probably get Helga in Human Resources to spank you for it.

681701[/snapback]

Sweet! I've already had two run-ins with HR and no spanking yet. :D

No pride, no self respect.  I wish someone would ask her "So exactly HOW was this sexual harrassment?" on live TV...

681772[/snapback]

It may have been harrassment...but, I don't think it was sexual.