Any Ayn Rand fans?

Lionsgate shrugging

'Atlas' pic mapped

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK

Ayn Rand's most ambitious novel may finally be brought to the bigscreen after years of false starts. Lionsgate has picked up worldwide distribution rights to "Atlas Shrugged" from Howard and Karen Baldwin ("Ray"), who will produce with John Aglialoro.

As for stars, book provides an ideal role for an actress in lead character Dagny Taggart, so it's not a stretch to assume Rand enthusiast Angelina Jolie's name has been brought up. Brad Pitt, also a fan, is rumored to be among the names suggested for lead male character John Galt.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117942127.html

Jolie as Dagny Taggart!? Oh my loins.

Atlas Shrugged is one of my favorite books. It'll be interesting to see if they can make this movie and how true it'll stay to the book.

I love Ayn Rand, and Shrugged is one of my favorite books. Jolie and Pitt? No way. I don't think either of them have the talent to pull off the nuances of those characters.

I love Ayn Rand, and Shrugged is one of my favorite books. Jolie and Pitt? No way. I don't think either of them have the talent to pull off the nuances of those characters.

672662[/snapback]

Jolie has excellent nuances, IMO.

I'm a sometimes voracious reader, but have never picked up one of Rand's books. Cliff Notes for Atlas Shrugged?

Jolie has excellent nuances, IMO.

I'm a sometimes voracious reader, but have never picked up one of Rand's books.  Cliff Notes for Atlas Shrugged?

672673[/snapback]

Even the Cliffs Notes would have to be over one hundred pages to capture the objectivist philosophy contained within a fairly detailed story.

Neither Pitt nor Jolie have the acting chops needed for Taggart, Galt, or Reardon (who I would think would be as a much a major male lead as Galt, if not more so). As described in the book, Jolie is too hot to play Dagny Taggart, if anything.

Ayn Rand rocks!  True individualism and being true to oneself.

672829[/snapback]

One the Classic Simpsons ever. Marge needs to take Maggie to day care, and she selects Ayn Rand Preschool, or something like that. Of course, hilarity insues

One the Classic Simpsons ever. Marge needs to take Maggie to day care, and she selects Ayn Rand Preschool, or something like that. Of course, hilarity insues

672887[/snapback]

Wasn't it also the book that Officer Barbrady is holding at the end of the Chicken "Lover" episode of South park

Longer, more mechanical and just about as tedious.

672915[/snapback]

I disagree. I found Atlas Shrugged a much better story.

And watch out, or your politics may get in the way of enjoying good lterature. :-)